E-commerce Marketing Manager
Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government and professional testing programs around the world. Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management, and delivers exams through the world’s most comprehensive and secure network of test centers in more than 180 countries, where we validate the skills and knowledge of millions of individuals every year.
Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson, the world's leading learning company with global-reach and market-leading businesses. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO).
Pearson VUE is looking for an experienced, hands-on, entrepreneurial E-commerce Marketing Manager to be a key driver in e-commerce growth. The E-Commerce Marketing Manager will manage the strategic and tactical direction of our efforts to increase the sales of learning materials and certification vouchers on Pearson VUE’s e-commerce websites.
The E-Commerce Marketing Manager is primarily responsible for the management, promotion and optimization of Pearson VUE and partner e-commerce web sites. Using their marketing and e-commerce expertise, he or she will be responsible for concepting and implementing promotional campaigns used for B2C and B2B marketing, optimizing the user experience and managing blogs and social media related to the stores. He or she will also be responsible for identifying and implementing merchandising strategies that increase sales of learning products and certification vouchers on all e-commerce sites and tracking promotion effectiveness and e-commerce sales related to initiatives.
Marketing Planning and Execution for E-commerce sites
- Create e-commerce marketing plans, editorial and campaign calendars, and budgets for marketing activities.
- Manage marketing campaigns from concept to completion through developing a project brief, working closely with internal partners (creative team, technology team, operations), managing creative review process, and working with internal teams to execute a campaign and analyze post campaign data.
- Manage online and social media for designated e-commerce stores.
- Perform ROI analysis and execution of all marketing initiatives including email, paid media, SEO and store promotions.
- Manage marketing spend for marketing initiatives and set and track annual KPIs.
Merchandising of E-Commerce Sites
- Oversee product merchandising, including optimizing product and category pages, funnel analysis, adjusting product merchandising to changes in metrics, and creating strategies for product up-sells and cross-sells.
- Review vendor selection to keep stores up-to-date with respect to product offerings.
- Increase the effectiveness of on-site search and navigation features.
- Improve traffic, conversion rates and average order value across all e-commerce sites.
- Investigate new tools and plug-ins that facilitate store conversions.
- QA site content prior to production.
- Manage e-commerce projects to ensure they are completed on time, on budget and are of high quality.
- Coordinate with internal legal and operations teams to on-board product vendors into the e-commerce infrastructure.
- Work with the operations team to set up store promotions driven by clients in client-branded marketplaces.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal subject-matter experts for market segments to drive promotions.
- Serve as liaison with the operations team for client-driven marketing promotions.
- Act as the primary marketing contact for internal sales and marketing teams.
Education and Experience
- 5 years of e-commerce marketing experience.
- BA or BS in marketing, business, IT or related field required.
- Experience managing projects from inception to completion, including managing to a timeline and budget, experience working with high-level contacts.
- Experience using web analytics (Google Analytics preferred) for reporting
- Vendor management experience preferred.
- Adept at using Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Highly motivated, organized individual with ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
- Self-starter who can identify new opportunities, analyze a problem and develop tactics/strategies to drive growth.
- Outstanding communication and customer contact skills required.
- Ability to work well in a team environment under tight deadlines.
- Relationship management skills required.
- Interpersonal savvy with customer focus.
- Proactive and detail-oriented.
- Knowledgeable on e-commerce best practices, technologies and trends.
- Experience executing A/B tests online, including ideation, execution and reporting.
- Knowledge of the IT training and certification industry.
- Knowledgeable about digital advertising, including SEM, SEO, PPC and social advertising platforms.
- Familiarity with Volusion, Mozu, Kibo or similar e-commerce platforms.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-MN-Bloomington
Work Locations: US-MN-Bloomington-5601 Green Valley 5601 Green Valley Drive Suite 220 Bloomington 55437
Organization: Assessments VUE
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jun 24, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1809380
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled