The EBC team provides a wide range of pensions and benefits advice.
Key aspects of the role will be to:
- Work with colleagues across the firm to deliver pensions consulting support, pensions management expertise, trustee secretarial and governance services and project support to LCP’s clients
- Provide in-house support to clients from time to time when required. This may be in the capacity of pensions manager, Trustee Secretary or pensions team member
- Participate in new business tender processes and contribute to the development and marketing of LCP’s services
- Take responsibility for managing own workloads, effectively manage client relationships and demonstrate a high level of self-motivation to seek new opportunities for development
Experience required for this position:
Candidates must have at least 6 years’ experience providing broad consulting support either in-house or at another consultancy. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate a strong understanding of all aspects of running a pension scheme and give examples of having helped clients to solve problems.
Candidates must have acted as a named Trustee Secretary of a trust-based pension arrangement, carrying out all aspects of trustee (and committee) meeting support and proactively providing other consulting support to help trustees fulfil their governance and other responsibilities. This should include:
- Organising trustee meetings, drafting agendas, producing meeting packs, preparing trustee papers, attending meetings, presenting items, producing draft minutes, producing and managing an actions log
- Managing Member Nominated Trustee exercises
- Putting in place and reviewing risk registers
- Dealing with regulatory bodies and third parties
- Monitoring invoices and budgets and managing the audit process
- Dealing with Internal Controls Disputes Procedures cases
- In addition, experience in some of the following areas would be beneficial:
- Acting as an interim pension manager for larger schemes
- Delivering project and change management, advice and support
- Carrying out third party administrator selection exercises
- Providing strategic direction to either Trustees or Corporates on the effective management of pension schemes
- Drafting communications and delivering presentations
- Carrying out trustee effectiveness reviews
- An interest in trustee governance and best practice
- Carrying out marketing activity
Qualifications & skills required
- Candidates will ideally be educated to degree level (minimum 2:1) and must hold a professional pensions qualification (eg APMI or FPMI).
- DB & DC trust based experience
- Up to date legislative knowledge
- A familiarity of the Pensions Regulator’s Codes of Practice and guidance
Why work for LCP?
We believe that our biggest strength is our people. We are home to talented, well-recognised industry experts, and we are committed to ensuring a bright and interesting future for all staff to join our ever-growing partnership.