Ecommerce Content Manager
To provide management of content on Pearson UK ecommerce websites.
Working across the business, the job holder will support our marketing teams in taking full advantage of our ecommerce websites. This includes, advising teams on optimising content to maximise conversion rates, managing ecommerce campaign activity to drive revenue (abandoned baskets, cross sell recommendations and personalisation), improving customer journeys using insight from analytics tools, heatmaps and customer feedback. He/she will also provide CMS training and support the business with best practice advice and guidance. Ensuring that the ecommerce website successfully supports and integrates with other channels.
He /she will work closely with the website content management team to manage the transition of the UK business to a new content management system and distributed publishing model, ensuring that content checkpoints are in place to maintain quality (editorial guidelines, content workflows).
- The in-house expert on Pearson UK ecommerce website content management systems
- Training and supporting ecommerce CMS users, updating training and support documentation for ecommerce websites
- Defining best practice for ecommerce content management and ensuring best practice is maintained on all websites
- Building new pages/content areas on ecommerce websites, editing and updating content to meet project and business requirements
- Providing first line support to the business on CMS application, reporting bugs and system problems to Product Owner to manage resolution
- Work with the UX lead to improve customer experience and ensure the layout of key pages across the site are effective at driving conversion
- Ability to write effectively for the web and to generate innovative and engaging content on key landing pages
- Maintaining the content management project schedule so that large content projects are scheduled and resourced
- Working with business owners to create content strategy and content calendars with a clear understanding of content governance, creation, measurement and technical requirements
- Management of ecommerce campaign activity including abandoned basket emails, cross sell recommendations and personalisation campaigns
- Support marketing teams in their use and understanding of web analytics and personalisation to improve conversion, customer engagement and user experience
- Conduct and evaluate A/B testing on website to optimize conversion rates
- Creation, management and monitoring of KPIs for ecommerce revenue, website content, production of monthly statistics reports, project updates, CMS usage breakdown for business reporting.
This is an entry management role which requires direct and cross-functional relationship building abilities. Key stakeholders include (without being limited to):
- UK marketing managers and executives
- Website content managers
- Product Owner and website development team
- Paid Search and Analytics Manager
- Trade sales team
- Internal design and UX teams
- Publishing and product management
- The role will involve participating in cross-functional meetings and also presenting from time to time to more senior stakeholder groups.
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
This role will interface with a wide range of teams in a range of locations, and is critically important in improving the user experience across all our ecommerce websites. As such it requires a highly energetic individual with:
- High level of commercial awareness
- Strong influencing skills, able to enthuse and motivate people at all levels
- Personally flexible and consultative, able to operate effectively in an organisation with both local, national and international dimensions
- Strong diplomatic skills, with the sensitivity to deal with multiple agendas and complex groupings of stakeholders
- Able to engage with the values and vision of the organisation.
- The ability to set and follow processes and procedures with a high level of attention to detail but flex these processes and procedures when the market or situation changes.
- Highly organised and a self starter.
- Experience of ecommerce website content management systems
- Good understanding user experience and conversion rate optimization
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Experience of writing for the web
- A high level of attention to detail
- Good team player
- The ability to work to tight timescales
- Strong understanding of web usability and accessibility
- Pro-active, self starter
- Experience of working in a digital marketing environment.
- Experience of using content management systems
- Experience with web analytics systems
- Experience of B2B ecommerce
- Experience of using a ticketing system to handle content requests
- Experience of using website personalisation functionality
- Experience of running abandoned basket and upsell/cross sell campaigns
- Experience of training system users
- Experience of creating training and support documentation
- Knowledge of accessibility guidelines
- Hybris or Adobe digital marketing cloud/suite
- Basic understanding of HTML coding
- Educated to degree or equivalent level qualification
- CIM qualified or strong desire to gain CIM qualification
- Good understanding of the UK education sector
- Experience of adhering to a well-known UK or international brand.
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: May 14, 2019
Job Unposting: May 28, 2019
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1905721
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.