Education Centre Investigator
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The Investigator is responsible for conducting investigations into suspected malpractice at International, UK, GQ and VQ centres. Investigations will include candidate, teacher and centre malpractice, centre maladministration, breaches of security and non-compliance with qualification specifications, regulatory policies and codes of practice.
This role would suit an individual with suitable transferrable skills and/or some investigative experience and who is looking to take the next step of their career.
Key Role-Specific Deliverables
- Conduct investigations into suspected malpractice involving candidate, teacher and centre malpractice, centre maladministration, breaches of security and non-compliance with qualification specifications, regulatory policies and codes of practice in a timely, effective manner in accordance with standard procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Assist the Senior Investigators and Head of Investigations in the resolution of investigations, development of working practices and reporting of data.
- Assist other teams in the Business Improvement and Regulation (BIR) division as and when necessary.
Key People Services Deliverables
- Keep the customer at the heart of all we do
- Shape internal infrastructure to respond to external trends
- Improve process and service efficiency and effectiveness
- Maintain highest level of quality and standards
- Proactively contribute to a high performing Services Team
- Drive and improve personal performance
Key Customers & Stakeholders
- Senior Investigators and other Investigators in the Investigations Team
- Head of Investigations (line manager)
- Director of BIR
- Other teams and staff within BIR, Vocational Quality Assurance (VQA), Assessment and Centre Management Team
- Heads of Centre and centre staff
- Regulators (Ofqual, SQA and Qualifications Wales) and other external stakeholders
- 37.5 hour core working week
- Overtime is available during peak periods
- Flexible working pattern available
- During peak times of activity there are restrictions on leave – especially between early May and the end of August, our busiest period
- Some weekend work may be required
- May be required to undertake centre visits at very short notice
- Working to tight, and immoveable, deadlines
- Working within a regulated framework
- Attention to detail and careful analysis despite busy work load
- Attention to detail even with repetitive tasks
- Flexibility of working patterns during peak periods
- Reacting positively to change
- Adapting to the challenges created by the introduction of new qualifications or working methods
- Adapting to different IT systems
- Supporting various stakeholders from different teams
- Influencing and working closely with the Investigations Team and internal stakeholders.
- Simultaneously managing multiple high priority tasks
Previous Work Experience
- Working in an investigative role
- Working in the education sector
- Previous experience of writing reports
- Experience of researching and reviewing data and information to draw conclusions
- Organising own workload to manage multiple high priority tasks
- Working to tight deadlines
- Experience of liaising verbally and in writing with a range of external customers and stakeholders regarding complex or sensitive issues
Systems, Tools & IT Literacy
- Familiarity with more complex functions of MS Excel to manipulate data
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite
- Able to quickly learn company software packages
Education, Qualifications & Training
- Please submit a C.V and cover letter with your application
- Full Time permanent position, 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday
- Competitive salary with excellent benefits including 25 days holiday (not including bank holidays - 33 days total).
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jul 29, 2018
Job Unposting: Aug 12, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1805771
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled