As part of the Elite Player Performance Plan, the overarching professional-game strategy for the development of youth footballers in England, the Academies of professional football clubs are categorised into four categories (1-4), based on a combination of spend, infrastructure, staffing, and qualitative assessments of their provisions across a range of multidisciplinary areas.
To effectively categorise Academies and to support the continual raising of standards in elite player development, an independent standards organisation has been developed, mandated by the professional game, to monitor safety, compliance and the quality of work being delivered.
The independent standards organisation oversees a multidisciplinary assessment of Academies across; Leadership & Management, Coaching, Performance Support, Education, Player Care, Pathway and Productivity.
As part of the above, the Education & Player Care Auditor will be responsible for the auditing of organisation and practice in the Education & Player Care departments of Premier League and EFL Academies. This is a full-time position.
· Review and Evaluation of Education & Player Care programmes:
o Using the Academy Audit Company assessment framework, assess the quality of Education & Player Care provisions in Academies
o Accurately and fairly report findings, identifying areas of quality, risk and development.
o Manage the end to end auditing/quality assurance process, ensuring the operation runs as smoothly as possible for club and auditing team
o Ensure a consistent assessment is given no matter the auditor or club
· General Responsibilities:
o Using the Academy Audit Company assessment framework, assess the quality of Leadership and Management, and Pathway provisions in Academies
o Deliver annual Club visits to ensure adherence with Safe to Operate guidelines and the Youth Development Rules
o Support the development of a suitable Academy standards framework and auditing practices
o Meet tight deadlines
o Ensure the auditing team maintains an up to date knowledge of Education & Player Care related practice
Requirements for the role:
Skills and Abilities
· Interviewing skills and observational analysis
· A consultative approach with a range of approaches to gain understanding, connect and build trust
· Analytical ability to identify areas for improvement, perform root-cause analysis and convert findings into required actions
· Ability to see both the big picture and enabling detail
· Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to present written information in a structured and balanced way appropriate to the needs of the reader
· Clear and straightforward communication, can defend a point of view in a composed and confident way
· Strong time management and organisational skills
· High level emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
· Proven experience of a successful teaching career at a senior leadership level.
· Proven experience in reviewing, assessing and development education and personal development programmes at a strategic level.
· Experience of working with elite athletes / footballers in an educational or personal role.
· High practical and theoretical understanding of Education & Player Care demands in elite level sport (desirable: player development, football)
· Appropriate Degree and qualified teaching status
· Understanding and appreciation of context and cultural difference between clubs of different sizes and philosophies
· Understanding and comfort in Quantitative and Qualitative assessment
Personal Attributes & Other Requirements
· High personal integrity and professional conduct
· Motivated by being part of a successful game-wide Academy system
· Sets and works to high standards
· Enjoys working hard to build relationships in challenging environments
· Comfortable following systems and process, applies a structured approach to projects and planning.
· A hunger for continued learning and continuous professional development
· IT literate
· Full driving licence as frequent travel will be required
· Safeguarding and Protecting Children
· DBS Clearance (to be completed during recruitment process)
Nice-to-haves for the role:
· Project management experience
· Prior experience of working in an Academy of a Professional Football Club
· Prior experience of auditing/quality assurance
The Premier League, EFL, the FA are equal opportunities employers and welcome applications from all sections of the community. All appointments will be made based on merit.
To apply please email email@example.com with your CV and cover letter. The closing date for applications is Thursday 25th April 2019