What do we offer?
Company performance bonus scheme
Pension scheme - up to 10% employer contribution
Private medical insurance
Comprehensive health cash plan
25 days annual leave + bank holidays
Flexible benefits programme (buy & sell holiday allowance, discounted gym memberships, Maternity/ adoption leave- up to 52 weeks, first 26 weeks at full pay, subsequent 26 at 50% (basic pay)
Structured training & opportunities to progress
Opportunity to join ERGs (employee resource groups), participate in community projects & much more!
What will your day-to-day responsibilities look like?
- Lead efforts to guide and ensure compliance with EHS standards and regulations.
- Provide expert guidance on the implementation of EHS policies and procedures.
- Update, review, and audit company and legal program requirements.
- Maintain and enhance an effective EHS management system, continuously evaluating its effectiveness.
- Provide core and specialized training opportunities for staff.
- Actively contribute to the development and mentorship of troubleshooting skills, problem resolution, and identification of improvement opportunities.
- Collaborate in the development and execution of EHS programs in line with corporate requirements.
- Conduct training and induction for new staff on documented safety management systems.
- Play a supporting role in external and internal audits, including compliance audits, annual reviews, and 14001 audits.
- Provide information, training, instruction, and advice to operational management and employees.
- Contribute to the review and revision of health & safety policies, plans, documented procedures, and forms.
- Support the prioritization of site risks through risk assessment and Job Hazard Analysis.
- Assist operations in incident investigation and root cause analysis.
- Ensure effective closure of injury and illness cases using an incident management system.
- Assist with the reporting of monthly Environmental Health and Safety metrics.
- Monitor the closure of action items resulting from audits and assessments.
- Organize training sessions in accordance with the training plan.
- Assist operational teams in the development of a culture of safety.
What will you bring to the role?
- Effective communication and collaboration skills, facilitating clear information delivery and teamwork with internal customers.
- Possession of relevant qualifications, for example a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Occupational Health and Safety, or a related field. Additional certifications in EHS (e.g., CSP, CIH) advantageous – or willing to undertake additional qualifications as required
- Minimum 3 years of proven EHS Advisor experience, showcasing expertise in EHS programs, compliance, risk management, and incident investigation.
- Proven expertise in developing and implementing EHS programs aligned with corporate requirements.
- Extensive experience conducting training, especially in the induction of staff into safety management systems.
- Track record of supporting both external and internal audits, ensuring compliance and organizational readiness.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, providing clear information and guidance to operational teams.
- Active contribution to reviewing and revising health & safety policies, plans, and documented procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize site risks through risk assessment and Job Hazard Analysis.
- Hands-on experience assisting in incident investigation and root cause analysis, implementing corrective actions.
- Proven ability to manage and close injury and illness cases using incident management systems.
- Experience in assisting with monthly Environmental Health and Safety metrics reporting, analyzing data for improvement.
- Strong organizational skills, monitoring closure of action items and coordinating training sessions.
- Capability to assist operational teams in fostering a safety-centric culture.
At Collins Aerospace, we’re working side by side with our customers & partners to dream, design & deliver solutions that redefine the future of our industry. We are part of Raytheon Technologies & provide technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry to connect and protect people around the world. We are inventors, we are manufacturers, we work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defence & rescue applications.
Are you looking to join a dynamic global team that works across the entire Aerospace industry? If yes, get onboard the Collins Aerospace Team & play a part in expanding the opportunities to develop new products & challenge the state of art technology.
We believe Diversity drives innovation; equity eliminates obstacles, inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where everyone can belong & succeed, contributing to a better society.
We are committed to ensuring the recruitment process is barrier-free & as inclusive as possible to everyone. We will make adjustments for people who have a disability or long term condition to remove barriers that may be experienced in the recruitment process.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day!
Please note that potential candidates will be subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and background checks and that project access restrictions may apply to some nationalities.