As the Electrical Engineer, you will utilize state-of-the-art diagnostics and predictive techniques to ensure all electrical equipment is running efficiently. You will responsible for the preventative and predictive maintenance programs for electrical equipment. You will collaborate with the rest of the refinery maintenance team to maximize the runability of the site.
- This role provides the primary focus on proactive maintenance and reliability for the plant electrical equipment and systems
- Ensures that the appropriate level of troubleshooting, failure analysis and technical solutions are employed. In this role the individual identifies and defines improvements and directs/executes the improvement projects in their area of expertise.
- Develops and maintains model of refinery power system
- Develops and completes power system studies including coordination, incident energy and short circuit
- Acts as the Inspection Authority for electrical system, including Process Safety Management (PSM) compliance
- Reviews and makes recommendations for Electrical Site Technical Practices (STP).
- Provides daily technical support to area teams and process enhancement teams
- Develops and executes maintenance practices on refinery 69,000 volt and 138,000 volt systems.
- Reviews and provides inputs to all projects, as the focal point for maintenance in the electrical area
- Initiates/justifies/executes/directs reliability focused electrical projects requiring technical expertise
- Assists in training electricians and directs critical activities requiring special expertise
- Analyzes equipment monitoring data and develops appropriate response to reliability problems
- Develops and reports assigned performance measures and utilizes information to identify and institute improvements
- Develops and manages budgets for the electrical system
- Acts as a resource for execution in understanding the scope of work and in identification and analysis of scope changes
- Responsible for creating and maintaining accurate, up-to-date equipment records, including baseline data
- Designs, implements, and improves Preventative Maintenance/Predictive Maintenance (PM/PdM) programsReviews/develops standardized repair procedures for use in BP or outside repair shop in the area of expertise
BS degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Assist in HAZOPs, MOC’s, Incident Investigations, and Job Safety Analysis
- Identify and assess safety hazards
- Competency in reading technical drawings
- Knowledgeable about project execution and control
- Skilled in developing and conducting training.
- Knowledgeable about and can conduct an incident investigation to determine defects or to develop a root cause analysis
- Understanding of the requirements of PSM, specifically the MOC process, Inspection Authority, PM/PdM programs