ELT Learner Consultant
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
World's leading education company Pearson is looking for:
ELT Learning Consultant
The Learning Consultant is the key knowledge provider and teacher trainer / consultant in the Pearson English group. The majority of work in this post will be in and around the Istabul region but will require considerable travel.
These areas require the fulfilment of the following responsibilities:
1 – Up to date methodological and pedagogical knowledge and experience.
- Keeping abreast of methodological/ pedagogical developments in the ELT sector and in related branches.
- Writing and providing workshops, papers, seminars and trainings on behalf of Pearson in a timely manner.
- Heighten profile of oneself as an educational provider in the Turkish ELT sector through involvement, either through written or presented products and services.
- Keeping clients up to date with development in methodological / pedagogical practice in the ELT sector and related branches in a timely manner that maximises use of their time and the Pearson Sales / Image opportunity.
- Attending and participating in conferences both in Turkey and abroad on behalf of Pearson and keeping Pearson informed of these opportunities to improve themselves.
2 – Educational Sector Knowledge:
- Keeping up to date with development both in the ELT world and in the Turkish market (sector by sector) and sharing knowledge with other members of the Pearson group.
- Establishing strong relationship with priority key customers to be able to anticipate and respond in a timely manner to key issues related to their area of expertise.
- Briefing other Pearson members about clients, services, products and developments related to their key account/ territory responsibilities.
- Keeping a keen eye on competitions activities and offerings and sharing knowledge as and when necessary.
3 – Pearson product knowledge and placement
- Keeping fully informed of all products and services that we provide in the English sector.
- Keeping the sales team informed of the above and providing support and training to the rest of Pearson as and when necessary.
- Providing shape and substance to products and services that are developed for future use or adaptation in the English sector in Turkey.
- Sharing the Pearson Product/ service knowledge with clients and customers in a timely manner that maximises their use of time and Pearson sales opportunity.
- Provide support on any research projects or marketing events related to current or future products or services.
- Visiting clients that maximise sales opportunity, identifying their needs and advising relevant Pearson team members of the best products/ services to provide (priority = key accounts)
- Providing support and knowledge in the correct placement of products and services to the sales team that maximises their use of time and the Pearson sales opportunity.
They are the key point of call on the following issues:
1) Up to date Methodological/ Pedagogical knowledge and experience
2) Educational sector knowledge
3) Pearson English Product and Placement
General Professional Skills
- Able to travel outside of Istanbul when needed (minimum 20 days a year).
- Min 3 year's ELT experience
- Can drive
- Able to prepare and give consultancy and training in ELT.
- Able to manage own time effectively and professionally.
- Be Conversant in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Be open to developing further technological expertise.
- Have good interpersonal skills.
Primary Location: TR-34-Istanbul
Work Locations: TR-Besiktas-Istanbul-Gayrettepe M Barbaros Bulvari No.149Dr. Orham Birman Is Merkezi Kat :3 Istanbul 34349
Job: Professional Development
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jan 19, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1801075
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.