ELT Training Specialist
Professional Development & Digital training
Support intraining for Key Account Managers and other teams on our products and services
EducationalInstitutions in the Gulf and Levant are under increased pressure to embed Learning strategies and technologies that deliver measurable student learning. As a result the region is experiencing unprecedented growth in demand and usage of learning and technology solutions in teaching and learning. TheELT Trainingspecialist will deliver training of our resources and solutions to our customers, assist in driving sales and usage of our portfolio of education products and services across our Education business, with particular emphasis on key accounts. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record in management and delivery of training for learning courses especially in the field of education technology.
- Deliver industry standard Professional Development training for faculty in Universities, International & Public Schools and Private sector institutions.
- Partner with institutions in the learning design process to make the best use of availableteaching methods and the best uses of Pearson resources to enhance student learning
- To integrate the Global Scale of English (GSE) into all customer facing training
- To represent Pearson at ELT Seminars & Workshops
- Deliver ELT digital product training, FDOC’s for universities, schools and private sector learners as well as structured administrator training.
- To drive and support pilots of our turnkey digital products including Pearson’s MyEnglishLab Placement, TELL, Progress and POE.
- Manageall components of the ELT training workflow
Education consultation and training for Institutions:
- Provide advice and counsel to Senior Administrators at educational institutions and Academic Faculty on the strategic, tactical and operational issues associated with adopting new resources.
- Consultwith customers to understand their full service needs around support for our educational products
- To design and deliver tailor made training programmes andescalationplans to all key institutions and customers
- Schedule and host user evaluation meetings with customers around usage, performance measurement and identifying additional training requirements
- Work collaboratively as part of the Customer Experience team.
- Maintain excellent content and functionality knowledge around the full range of products and services the business provides; including new resources, standards and curricula, digital tools, and learning management systems
- Understand the widerregional and globaleducation environment, keep abreast of the latest trends and policy changes and feedback to key stakeholders internally on the competitive landscape
Assist in driving sales and usage of our education products and services:
- Encourage future sales of Pearson products and services by driving the usage of our different resources across the Middle East Hub through a mix of consultation meetings with customers, running pilots, presentations, training and workshops
- Collaborate with internal team members such as Technical Consultants, Client Services Consultant, Instructional Designers, Key Account Managers, Digital Solutions Specialist and Business Development Managers to deliver technology solutions that drive growth, efficiency, increased student learning outcomes and an excellent customer experience
- Identify and pursue enterprise solutions opportunities including Professional Services opportunities
- Develop and communicate best practice around implementation and usage of products and services in customer meetings together with Key Account Managers
- Understanding and passion for the value and transformative effect eLearning technologies can have within the field of Education
- Knowledge of current instructional theories for collaborative learning with web-based tools
- Presence and experience to operate at highest management levels in institutions
- Excellent training skills and experience of delivering tailor made training to individuals as well as groups
- Able to programme manage and see through multiple complex projects
- Confident and able networker with an ability to form trusted relationships plus influence and lead at all levels, often in virtual teams
- Ability to train teachers on pedagogical uses of blended learning
- Ability to motivate, inspire and coach
- Strong presentations and communication skills
- High service orientation, strong interpersonal skills and persuasive
- Driven, highly motivated and independent worker
- Commercial awareness
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively
- Ability to handle a high volume of work in a short period of time, handle multiple priorities simultaneously and operate in a demanding work environment is important
- Excellent technical and analytical problem solving skills
- Excel Word, Powerpoint skills and understanding of PC/Mac operating systems and web technology. (HTML and other web based technology skill sets a plus)
- Willingness to travel extensively across the Gulf and at times internationally
- High proficiency inEnglish
- CELTA/DELTA qualification (or equivalent)
- Experience in the Education and Academic publishing industry
- Teaching experience
- Strong project management skills
- A technical background
- Sales/Marketing experience a plus
- Experience with BlackBoard, Moodle or other learning technologies
- Ability to communicate in Arabic
Education, Qualifications & Training
Bachelor's degree in any field is required with preferably 4 to 6 years’ experience in a client facing role or a Master’s degree with 2 to 4 years’ experience in a similar role.
The highest level of communication skills and professionalism are a necessity in order to effectively work with digital users. Teacher training skillsare a must.
Primary Location: AE-AE-Dubai
Work Locations: AE-Dubai-Al Sofouh 305 Al Sofouh 305 Tecom 3rd Floor Dubai
Job: Customer Service
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Apr 20, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1803453
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.