Enrollment Specialist - Online Learning
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Facilitate prospective students through the enrollment process for bachelors, masters, doctoral and certificate programs. The Enrollment Support Specialist will work in conjunction with the enrollment advisor team to support the prospective students through the admissions process to include registration completion. Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively in a team focused environment to meet the needs of the prospective students and the Academic Partner.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Manages mature, active pipeline of student prospects.
- Communicate with prospective students via call, emails, chats and faxes regarding the Program.
- Advise prospective students using a consultative process.
- Guide prospective students through the enrollment process with the goal of helping them start their academic classes.
- May actively promote multiple programs.
- Effectively follow departmental lead management guidelines for all student prospects.
- Utilize database tools to efficiently track each interaction and the progress of all assigned student prospects.
- Achieve daily efficiency metrics pertaining to Speed to Completion, Call Volume, Talk Time, Quality interactions, and New Registrations as established by the Director of Recruitment Services and/or the AD of Recruitment Services and Recruitment Managers
- Effectively communicate industry trends, quality of student prospects, and program updates for appropriate cross-functional and departmental team members.
- Actively participate in weekly meeting rhythms to discuss performance data, prospective applicant concerns, at risk students and creative solutions to enhance program / EA performance and conversions.
- May lead or contribute in a significant way in one or more aspects of an initiative or project.
- Conduct a self-audit to ensure efficiency and consistency of database.
- Monitor application process to ensure effective communication in tandem with application deadlines.
- Implement an email cultivation strategy designed to re-engage student prospects that have fallen to inactive statuses.
- Maintain minimum standard data base audit scores.
- Review previous term’s conversion metrics to forecast future enrollment metrics
- Update data base system to reflect current/upcoming term information (email templates, enrollment periods, filters, etc.)
- Requires the ability to work a flexible schedule, weekends, evenings to accommodate student, departmental and company’s needs. This may include working more than 40 hours a week.
- Partners with Student Support to identify At –Risk student, manage the student handoff and new student orientation process.
- 4-year degree from an accredited institution preferred, OR appropriate combination of education and significant experience
- Minimum 3 years sales experience (in Higher Education or Admissions preferred)
- Knowledge of or past experience in higher education and/or college admissions and recruitment preferred
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work evenings until 9:00 PM
- Ability to work weekends as business needs dictate
Direct – None, may lead or significantly contribute on defined projects or initiatives of a fixed duration or nature.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-IL-Elk Grove Village
Work Locations: US-IL-Elk Grove Village-50 Northwest 50 Northwest Point Rd Elk Grove Village 60007
Job: Customer Service
Organization: North America
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Mar 3, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1719855