Enrolment Advisor Assistant
Learner at the heart
Pearson is a global education company that helps people around the world to make progress in their lives through learning. With a rich heritage that combines 150 years of experience in publishing with the latest learning technology and digital services, we help people to learn whatever, wherever and however they choose. We are now transforming Pearson to accelerate our activity in digital learning, education services and emerging markets. This will enable us to make a lasting impact in helping to solve some of the most important challenges in global education.
Why we need you
We believe education is a vital force that can empower people, help them to reach their potential and contribute to more connected communities, all around the world. Our strength comes from our outstanding people; our strong relationships in the education world; our expertise in using technology to help people learn; our global footprint and local reach; and our position as a profitable, global company with a unifying sense of purpose.
About the job
This is a largely phone-based sales assistant role responsible for outbound calling leads who have asked to find out more about one of our partnership university degree courses. Working closely with a team of Enrolment Advisors, they are responsible for booking prospective student consultation calls, undertaking basic CRM record entries, plus various additional administration tasks including SMS, email and applications/admissions follow up.
The role has 3 main areas of responsibility including booking advisor consultation calls, completing various funnel administration tasks and applications/admissions follow up.
- Daily outbound calls and logging these correctly in CRM
- Booking consultation calls for Advisors via effective call positioning
- Updating individual contact records in the CRM database
- Personalising and sending templated emails via CRM and SMS messages
- Utilising online chat to engage with initial enquiries and book consultation calls where appropriate
- Ensure set applications and admissions tasks are followed up correctly linked to stages of the intake (e.g. deadline reminders)
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Essential skills, qualifications and experience:
- Excellent IT skills including using Office Suite
- Good data management and analytics skills
- Excellent communication (written and oral), networking and influencing internally (in particular to work effectively with colleagues in Pearson across different sites and within a matrix structure)
- Relationship building: in particular, with prospective students and OPM colleagues
- Degree or equivalent professional qualifications
- Experience using Salesforce or other CRM’s
- Knowledge of the UK HE sector
- Customer empathy and service experience
- Organisationally Agile Adapts quickly to new situations where roles and work are not clearly defined. Proactively seeks information to understand the reasons for change and adapts approach accordingly.
- Influences without Authority Conveys messages and clear outcomes to diverse audiences using the most effective channels in an easily understood, convincing and actionable manner. Identifies stakeholders, seeks input and actively listens to build support and identify best solutions.
- Prioritises and makes Effective Decisions Breaks down work into manageable parts, assessing the priorities and schedule required to deliver on time. Ensures the quality of the data provided to analyse possible solutions and support effective decision making.
- Builds Relationships Creates relationships with peers quickly and confidently, building trust and win-win partnerships. Proactively networks with other teams to discuss common issues and share knowledge.
- Outcomes Oriented Differentiates between outputs and outcomes, working with a focus on achieving desired outcomes. Understands the intended outcomes of own work and how they contribute to Pearson’s broader objectives including customers and learners.
- Continuously Improves Actively seeks opportunities for improvement and presents ideas for increasing effectiveness and efficiency of own work. Demonstrates willingness and flexibility to adapt own approach to new ways of working to achieve improved outcomes.
- Evidence Informed Identifies and collects reliable data necessary to build evidence to enable and support decisions. Organises and analyses information (into meaningful / related areas) to form robust, evidence-based conclusions.
- Commercially Aware Understands and can articulate Pearson’s business goals and what own business, own team and self do to contribute to Pearson’s success. Uses that knowledge to identify better ways of working to meet those goals.
- Digitally Focused Understands and embraces how digital technology is changing education and assessment and the implications this has on own day-to-day work. Recognises the opportunities digital technology creates for Pearson to increase its reach, generate profitable business opportunities and create more effective products for its market.
- Driven by Customer and Learner Requirements Understands customer/learner needs, what they value and why, and applies creative thinking to make a difference. Makes decisions that have a positive impact on customer and learner issues for the benefit of Pearson overall.
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Other Locations GB-GB-Harlow
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jan 6, 2020
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2000093
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.