At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The ETL Developer will form a key part of the reporting delivery team within the Reporting Centre of Expertise. This will involve working with the reporting governance team and application support teams in delivering best in class reporting throughout Pearson.
The ETL Developer will be an experienced ETL developer with Oracle or similar Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence technologies that are necessary to deliver integrated, quality data for business reporting and analytics need.
The key responsibilities of the will include:
- Design, develop, and implement ETL processes
- Support production ETL bug fixes
- Data modelling
- Building reports and dashboards from functional specifications in OBIEE.
- Detailed documentation of report testing approvals and quality assurance.
- As a member of the reporting delivery team responsible for service management for finance reporting across Pearson.
- As a member of the reporting delivery team advocate and act as an ambassador for Reporting Centre of Expertise, its processes and solutions to the business.
- Providing technical assistance and cross training to other team members.
- Being an active contributor to the Reporting Centre of Expertise communication plan.
- Other Ad hoc duties as required.
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Essential Skills /Experience:
- Min. 3 years of hands-on experience with RDBMS platforms (ie. Oracle, MS SQL Server), SQL, ETL tools (Informatica PC, Oracle Data Integrator, Business Objects Data Integrator, SSIS, Talend and others)
- Strong SQL skills
- At least 3 years of Data Warehouse ETL workflow design, development and maintenance with successful implementation of large Enterprise BI solutions
- Translate business requirements into Detailed Data Requirements by performing source data profiling and requirement analysis
- Demonstrated knowledge of database concepts of data modelling and mapping including normalization, dimensionality, referential integrity, indexes, keys, common dimensions, star and snowflake schemas, master data and metadata (MUST know how to read models and mappings)
- Demonstrated across numerous data warehousing / data integration projects the ability to work to with other project team members and business users to resolve moderately complex data integration issues.
- Must be well versed with data integration best practices, standards, and processes
- Experience of reporting software packages (OBIEE, Hyperion Financial Reporting).
- Understanding of the value of business intelligence and reporting across a large organisation
- Analytical and project management skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships with stakeholders
- Proven team player
- Demonstrable track record of problem-solving.
- Experience working in a technical data driven environment.Desirable Skills /Experience:
- Computer Science, Finance or Business Studies related degree
- Knowledge of Oracle EBS, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition, Hyperion Financial Reporting.
- Experience and understanding of business intelligence concepts and database design principles.Personal Style and Behaviour:
- Diligent with a high level of attention to detail.
- Motivated self-starter.
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Database administration experience
Primary Location: GB-GB-Belfast
Work Locations: GB-Belfast-Millennium House Millennium House, 1st Floor Great Victoria Street Belfast BT2 7AQ
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Dec 4, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1815975
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.