Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Develop ideas for data protection and privacy content that address law and practice in the European Economic Area, which will be published on Thomson Reuters' online services.
- Establish, maintain, and manage relationships with external law firm contributors who have expertise on data protection and data security issues.
- Draft, write, and edit resources, including standard form documents, practice guidance notes, and checklists in accordance with Practical Law writing style.
- Develop relationships with law firm attorneys, in-house counsel, and industry groups to ensure that content is topical and meets their needs.
- Support data protection, privacy, and data security content and product development projects.
- Take responsibility for certain data protection materials and ensure they are up to date and reflect current market practice.
- Peer-review content written by other team members.
- Where appropriate, work with other practice areas to produce cross-service materials.
- Work with the sales and marketing teams to publicise the service; actively engage with subscribers.
- Assist with other aspects of the data protection offering, and generally as required on projects.
- Keep aware of developments in other practice areas and the business generally, and consider how they may affect the data protection offering.
- Keep up to date with the law and market developments.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Significant experience working as a lawyer, either in-house or in private practice, specialising in EU data protection law, with expertise in a broad array of data protection laws and issues within the EU/EEA.
- Excellent understanding of the legal market and the needs of lawyers (including in house lawyers), particularly in the data protection sector.
- Ability to produce well written and practical content efficiently.
- Editorial vision in scoping the product.
- Commercial awareness.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Good IT skills.
- High level of technical skill.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Team player with a flexible approach.
- Ability to drive projects forward.
- Enthusiasm for the practice of data protection law with an intellectually rigorous approach to difficult issues.
NB: Flexible working options will be considered as part of this application. E.g. Job shares
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.