You'll develop and deliver the procurement activities for these projects in the Europe and Africa region as part of a cross functional team, taking the lead where the project is procurement led.
The projects need to be linked to the category sourcing strategies, third party strategy and the business strategy focussed on supporting growth as well as efficiency.
You'll need to engage and work collaboratively with business stakeholders on a regional basis to enable the effective development and delivery of projects.
Deal with escalated project matters promptly and effectively.
Operate at all times in a manner that maintains client satisfaction with the function.
Ensure that project management principles and rigour are followed at all times and that key stakeholders are regularly updated on progress and key risks to delivery are identified and addressed. Work closely with other functional teams collaboratively to ensure that the objective of the projects are delivered.
To be successful you'll need
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Supply Chain, Business or similar area of study: Master’s Degree preferred.
- Significant business experiences with strong supply chain or procurement experience
- Good knowledge of appropriate tools and processes in support to programme and project management (CVP process, ODIMs, Roadmapper)
- Knowledge of sourcing models and practices
- An understanding of the operation and cost of goods structure in processing industry
- Understanding of Procure to Pay systems, processes and best practices
- Experience sourcing and contracting and the delivery of a broad range of business benefits (cost cash, innovation, service, compliance)
- Experience of negotiating and dealing with large companies / suppliers and running supplier focused innovation and performance improvement programmes preferred
- The ability to form good relationships with people at all levels and from a variety of backgrounds
- The ability to network and operate effectively within a matrix structure.
- The job requires a flexible and creative individual who is able to motivate and manage the stakeholder network, to achieve the agreed objectives (without having line control)
- CIPS or equivalent preferred.