Examiner - GCE A Level - Urdu
A GCE Urdu (2018 Specification) Examiner marks candidates’ responses in accordance with the pre-defined mark scheme, whilst adhering to conditions of recognition and examination procedures. Most subjects will be marked onscreen using ePEN, which can be done from home. A few subjects are still marked in the traditional method, using paper scripts sent through the post. A high level of subject knowledge is necessary in order to apply the mark scheme. Each examiner will receive an agreed allocation of scripts.
- To mark accurately and consistently to ensure overall standards are maintained
- To submit samples to your Team Leader at designated times
- To ensure milestones for marking are adhered to
- To ensure all administration is completed as specified
- You will have a degree or equivalent
- You will be a qualified teacher. We will accept qualifications obtained in the UK and overseas
- You will hold a minimum of 5 months part time teaching experience of the relevant qualification and subject, within the last 10 years. This experience must be obtained within the UK
- We will consider applicants who do not have teaching experience but who have assessment experience with a recognised UK exam board, within the last 5 years. This assessment experience must be relevant to the qualification and subject being applied for.
- You will have the ability to work well under pressure
- You will have the ability to meet deadlines
- You will have a high level of subject knowledge in order to apply the mark scheme
- The marking period is between May - July.
- The training required to mark as an examiner will take place between May and June.
We are also looking for:
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning.We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in a range of General and Vocational courses.