Examiner- GCSE- Mathematics (2015 specification)
A GCSE Mathematics Examiner (2015 specification) will mark candidates’ responses in accordance with the pre-defined mark scheme, whilst adhering to conditions of recognition and examination procedures. Most subjects will be marked onscreen using ePEN, which can be done from home. A few subjects are still marked in the traditional method, using paper scripts sent through the post. A high level of subject knowledge is necessary in order to apply the mark scheme. Each examiner will receive an agreed allocation of scripts.
We are also looking for:
- To mark accurately and consistently to ensure overall standards are maintained
- To submit samples to your Team Leader at designated times
- To ensure milestones for marking are adhered to
- To ensure all administration is completed as specified
- You will have one academic year's worth of teaching experience: a. within the last 8 years b. within the relevant qualification and subject c. since qualifying as a teacher
- You will have a degree or equivalent
- You will be a qualified teacher
- You will have the ability to work well under pressure
- You will have the ability to meet deadlines
- You will have a high level of subject knowledge in order to apply the mark scheme
- This role is part time; a standard allocation normally takes between 40-45 hours over a 2-3 period. As well as being paid a daily rate we provide training for all examiners. The role is primarily home based, however it might be necessary to attend some meetings throughout the year. The main marking period is between May and July.
- If you are interested in marking C3 or C4 please list C1, C2 (or both) as additional preferences. You will only be eligible to mark AS Core Mathematics in your first year of work.
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning.
We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in a range of General and Vocational courses.