At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The post-holder will provide full support to PEM and will be based in the head office, 80 Strand. Occasional overseas travel required.
- Assisting with preparation for UK and Global Team meetings. This includes scheduling and planning time for meeting preparation, co-ordination of papers, scheduling meetings.
- Managing Global Team meetings, creating agendas, and ensuring meetings are run in an efficient manner.
- Managing complex, conflicting diaries including organisation of itineraries, acting quickly to short notice changes, rescheduling and cancellation of appointments with tact.
- Supporting PEM member with leadership team across UK & USA requiring significant flexibility with working hours (during late afternoon/evening) in order to respond to meeting requests/enquiries received from USA.
- Co-ordinate and plan trips working across multiple international time zones , including arranging appropriate travel, visas, agendas and necessary contacts, country information, and other necessary preparations.
- Management and organisation of celebratory events involving external stakeholders. This aspect often involves complex in-house arrangements involving access to building, ensuring appropriate decorum is attributed to high level stakeholders (e.g. Government officials, overseas MoE delegates and Ambassadors).
- Co-ordinating communications to the Business units to ensure the maximisation of staff engagement, including working with Corporate Communications and other key stakeholders.
- Managing the successful on-time publication of blog posts and emails on behalf of the President.
- Knowledge and use of systems across UK and USA in order to process requisitions/build reports.
- Use of social media to support PEM member (i.e. Twitter/Linkedin)
- Working closely and effectively with external stakeholders, Board Members and professional bodies where required.
- Managing the mailbox and timeliness of response to internal and external queries and communication. Raising President’s awareness to outstanding issues.
- Forming productive working relationships with members of the Executive Team including their assistants, assisting with queries, problems and ensuring swift resolution.
- Ensuring the efficient running of the President’s office, including managing team leave requests, expense claims, requisitions, raising Purchase Orders as required and ensuring payments made on time.
- Assistant to Chair of Pearson Education Limited Board , ensuring diary and meetings co-ordinated in a timely manner. Liaison with Chair’s external contacts.
- Support for Pearson Education Limited Non-Executive Board members ensuring Board papers distributed, hotel accommodation and dinners arranged, payments and IT issues are actioned promptly and efficiently.
- Instigate and assist with induction programmes for new Board members both within Pearson Education Limited and Pearson Plc Boards, following up to ensure programmes meet all requirements.
- Overseas travel required on occasion to support PEM member.
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
- Previous EA experience is essential supporting at a Senior level
- Experience managing multiple senior stakeholders
- Proven experience of working with a wide range of clientele - confident in being able to communicate effectively, with tact and discretion at all times.
- Excellent attention to detail and a proactive approach.
- A self-starter who is able to work on one’s own initiative with a high degree of autonomy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Always willing to take on various and changing tasks as and when necessary.
- Needs to be comfortable communicating with large numbers of internal team members.
- IT literate in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Oracle, Coupa, Outlook.
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Job: Office Support
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Oct 18, 2019
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1913609
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.