At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
We are looking for a technically savvy, upbeat, friendly and experienced Executive Assistant who is highly organized and committed to providing outstanding support.
You will be working in the exciting and demanding Technology Organization of Pearson and reporting directly to the VP of Service Operations & Controls, and supporting three technology VPs. You will be interacting on a global basis across all levels of the organization. We are excited about candidates who have strong execution experience and have worked in a fast paced, deadline driven environment. The successful candidate will help schedule meetings, maintain calendars, coordinate logistics, create presentations, and will work cross-functionally to drive results. This position is located in Centennial, Colorado.
Job duties include, but not limited to:
- Coordinate schedules, appointments, and establish agendas. Manage executive’s calendar including meetings, with difficulty such as more attendees, multiple locations & time zones, and with impact on other meetings.
- Oversee conference and meeting coordination, such as, arrangements for meetings, conferences, video conferences, and special events.
- Coordinate and maintain frequent, less routine domestic and international travel that is increasing in complexity.
- Compose and distribute internal and external letters, memos, and other documents.
- Compile informational analysis and database projects as needed.
- Assist with special projects and related research.
- Coordinate transfer of vital information to direct reports as needed.
- Maintain highly confidential records and documents.
- Manage departmental vacation, sick leave, time off schedules and database.
- Process T&E expenses.
- Process computer equipment and software requests and purchases.
- Work with other assistants cross-departmentally to coordinate projects, initiatives as defined by product management.
- Attend select strategic meetings as defined by product management to capture key meeting notes and actions.
- Arrange for catered luncheons and provide beverages and snacks based on meeting needs.
- Monitor and maintain budget for office supplies, small assets, catering and T&E. Provide monthly communication to cost center Managers as to the status of their budget.
- Create and maintain filing system. Build and maintain a highly organized and intuitive filing system so managers can quickly and easily access information.
- Maintain a current list of department employees to include name, group, manager, location, cost center, hire date, and additional information as needed.
- Maintain a current organizational chart for department and distribute monthly to the department and other Admins.
- Assist with coordination and logistics for annual customer events.
- Distribute mail and ship packages as needed.
- Assist with on-boarding new hires to include desk space, computer equipment and software, access to Pearson buildings, access to network and shared folders, creating accounts for travel and expenses, and other tasks as needed.
- Create and maintain email distribution lists.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or commiserate experience with 5-7 years as a senior level executive assistant.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to set priorities, meet critical deadlines, juggle projects, and produce high-quality and accurate work under time constraints
- Experience in supporting executives who travels frequently out of the time zone or country. (Superb diary management across time zones is essential.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong PC and Mac skills
- Strong MS Office skills (Excel and PowerPoint) are essential and Google Cloud Enterprise experience preferred
- Resourceful, conscientious, focused and detail-orientated
- Professional yet friendly attitude, the ability to multi-task and switch focus, as well as a self-motivated mindset and approach
- The ability to manage communication in a confidential environment is essential.
- Strong support and service attitude, team orientated
- Some flexibility on hours is desirable
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-CO-Centennial
Work Locations: US-CO-Centennial-2154 East Commons 2154 East Commons Avenue Centennial 80122
Job: Office Support
Organization: Technology & Operations
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Mar 12, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1804054