External Examiner (EE) - Higher Nationals - Rail Engineering (RQF)
Closing date: 17 August 2018 at midnight
We are currently recruiting for EEs for HN Rail Engineering (RQF)
Purpose of the role:
- Undertake sampling of assessment and internal verification decisions for units from a range of programmes within the Rail Engineering qualification in order to affirm that national standards have been achieved and upheld
- Support centres during the sampling process
- Support centres in the delivery of BTEC programmes to national standards.
- Covering HN programmes in Rail Engineering undertake sampling of student work within defined parameters and rules to establish whether assessment outcomes and internal verification processes meet national standards
- Provide sampling-related support and development to centres
- Produce reports for centres and Pearson on the: sampling undertaken; outcomes reached and support provided
- Apply appropriate sanctions where it is deemed that flawed assessment or internal verification decisions or processes mean that national standards are not met
- Produce targeted actions for centres to assist with remedial action where national standards are not being upheld
- Support centres to understand and implement identified actions
- Source materials for training and standardisation
- Report back to Pearson and centres following EE activity within agreed service-level agreements
- Provide source materials for the standardisation of centre assessors, internal verifiers and lead internal verifiers as requested
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the work of BTEC Assessment in relation to this role.
- Relevant Engineering qualifications at level 5 or above
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning. We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in names like Edexcel, BTEC and LCCI.