External Examiner (EE) HN Applied Science (Biology)
Closing date: 17 August 2018 at midnight
We are currently recruiting for EEs for our HN Applied Science - Biology.
Please note, we are also recruiting:
Purpose of the role:
To undertake sampling of assessment and internal verification decisions for units from a range of programmes within a Principal Subject Area (PSA) in order to confirm that national standards have been achieved and upheld across centres. We have Standards Verifiers for our Vocational Qualifications, namely: BTEC QCF, BTEC next generation, BTEC Higher Nationals and NVQ/Apprenticeship.
Undertake sampling of learner work within defined parameters and rules to establish that assessment outcomes and internal verification processes meet national standards.
- Provide sampling-related support and development to centres.
- Produce reports for centres and Pearson on: the sampling undertaken, outcomes reached and support provided.
- Apply appropriate sanctions where it is deemed that flawed assessment or internal verification decisions or processes mean that national standards are not met.
- Produce targeted actions for centres to assist with remedial action where national standards are not being upheld.
- Support centres to understand and implement identified actions.
- Report back to Pearson and centres following SV activity as per service-level agreements.
- Provide source materials for the standardisation of centre assessors, internal verifiers and lead internal verifiers as requested.
- Carry out any other tasks assigned to you by Pearson.
- Applicants must have significant experience in delivering and assessing BTEC Higher National qualifications in the relevant sector, together with a good working knowledge of the related specifications
- A commitment to quality assurance.
- Good working knowledge of the specifications for the subject area you will specialise in.
- You will hold a minimum of one year’s full time teaching experience of the relevant subject and level.
- Excellent communication, written, verbal, IT and interpersonal skills.
- A good working knowledge of the specifications that comprise the area of expertise for the role.
- A customer-focused approach.
- The ability to meet deadlines.
- Develop and monitor clear action plans.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning.
We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in names like Edexcel, BTEC and LCCI.