* JOB TITLE * Facilities Supervisor
* POSITION * Part-time permanent (evening work- hourly rate)
* BUSINESS UNIT * Welbeck – The Defence Sixth Form College
* RESPONSIBLE TO * College Support Manager and then Director of Operations
The Facilities Supervisor will provide on site supervision of facilities at Welbeck Defence Sixth Form College out of normal working hours in order to oversee third party and student usage. The role may involve lifeguarding and support with the running of the swimming pool. This is a permanent part-time role including when the College is on recess. The post holder will act as the initial point of contact while on site for third party matters.
- Ensure that facilities and equipment hired by third parties are being used correctly in line with bookings and operating procedures
- Provide an immediate point of contact for third party users outside normal working hours to answer questions regarding bookings and facilities.
- On behalf of the College coordinate third party visitors for matters relating to fire, evacuation, injury or others as they arise until the duty member of SMT arrives to take over.
- Provide an immediate point of contact outside normal working hours for students using gym and CV equipment, which will include safety checks.
- Ensure safeguarding protocols are observed including ensuring adequate separation between third party and student users.
- Ensure students are utilising facilities appropriately.
- Ensure that all users are leaving facilities and equipment are in good order.
- Flag issues relating to third party users and facilities promptly to the College Support Manager.
- Flag issues relating to student usage of sports facilities to Head of Co-Curricular.
- Additional duties as may be reasonably asked by the line manager.
- Liaise with Security staff regarding access and control of visitors.
- Interface in a highly professional manner with multiple stakeholders including amongst others; College staff, Security staff, third party users, students and parents.
- To be responsible for your own welfare by following the Health, Safety and Environmental Police and other related policies such as Equal Opportunities, Harassment, Disability and Data Protection etc.
- To communicate honestly with Line Manager.
- To be responsible for your own time and attendance at work.
- To achieve deadlines/targets that have been set by your Line Manager.
- To communicate and liaise with all other departments as required.
Reviews and Planning
- To be available to be appraised by your immediate Line Manager in a timely manner.
- Training and Evaluation
- To ensure that you receive any agreed training that has been identified either at appraisal or outside of appraisal.
- To complete requests for training documentation and discuss this fully with your Line Manager in a timely manner.
- In conjunction with your Line Manager evaluate the effectiveness of the training and development activities you have undertaken.
- To effectively utilise new skills from your training.
- To work within the Company’s Quality procedures within relevant departments.
- To be aware of Health and Safety at Work Regulations and environmental issues.
- To be aware of actions necessary in cases of accident or fire.
- To undertake/perform other duties associated with this role, by agreement.
- To act as an ambassador for the College.
Essential Role Requirements:
Excellent inter personal skills. Evidence of taking responsibility. Mature attitude. Trustworthy. Calm.
Desirable Role Requirements:
Supervisory experience. Experience within an educational environment. National Pool Lifeguard Qualification or a willingness to undertake.
Closing Date: 9th December 2017 at 12:00 hrs.
Interviews: 14th December
Primary Location: GB-GB-Loughborough
Work Locations: GB-Loughborough-Welbeck DSFC Welbeck DSFC - Forest Road Woodhouse Loughborough LE12 8WD
Job: Real Estate and Facilities
Employee Status: Casual/Seasonal
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Aug 1, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Part-time Regular
Req ID: 1811159
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled