The Facilities Supervisor is responsible for providing facilities maintenance and coordinating and approving logistics requests across the Whiting Refinery as needed and assigned by the Superintendent. This includes the maintenance of approximately 14 permanent buildings, 4 locker rooms. The Supervisor defines maintenance strategies and establishes implementation plans for each area of responsibility working with key stakeholders across the refinery. In addition, the Supervisor will be responsible for a variety of contractors performing maintenance in the buildings including cleaning, plumbing, mechanical, carpentry.
- Ensures safe and efficient maintenance services for buildings assigned to.
- Ensures work is delivered at cost and to schedule targets
- Manages and oversees training needs for the contractors utilized ensuring they are competent to work at Whiting.
- Participates in the weekly logistics committee meeting and helps to determine logistics solutions.
- Defines strategies and plans for areas of responsibility and effectively communicates and drives the execution of plans, is responsible to own the work in the area of responsibility and take pro-active steps to manage work.
- Adheres to established work processes; if necessary, develops new work processes; monitors and manages performance to related KPIs
- Ensures the Maintenance Group is in compliance with internal and external standards/ regulations
- Ensures spares and key inventory is available to maintain buildings in good conditions.
- Manage and coordinate the relationship with facilities maintenance suppliers and accountable for directing the WBU/Supplier relationship management team to achieve sustainable value generation for the all of the BU.
- Execute the relationship with Manhattan Mechanical, Aztec, BMC within the WBU, ensuring that adequate resources are available to meet the identified goals/objectives, while acting as the gate keeper and point of escalation and resolution for key issues.
Associates degree preferred, H.S. diploma or equivalent required
- 10 years of construction experience required, 5 of which must be in supervision.
- Knowledgeable in refinery facilities maintenance and logistics a plus.