The Facility Engineer position serves as the technical support covering both operations and project support for the US Pipelines & Logistics assets. The position is highly autonomous, requiring functional relationships internally with operations, maintenance, schedulers, business development, project managers, technical specialists and all levels of management. Outside third party contacts include governmental agencies, joint venture pipeline operators, vendors, and engineering and construction contractors. The Facility Engineer is expected to take a lead role in reliability, process safety and technical support for all USPL assets.
- Provides technical review of equipment installations as a supporting team member.
- Assures uniform Business Unit equipment integrity, maintenance, and inspection plans/strategies are in place and implemented.
- Identifies and implements reliability and risk improvement practices and strategies for Facilities, Systems and Controls.
- Assures operating boundaries for equipment and unit are understood and managed.
- Reviews and updates predictive & preventive maintenance plans.
- Develops and tracks metrics to identify improvement opportunities and evaluates trends.
- Develops 'Bad Actor' equipment lists and leads root cause analysis to develop corrective actions.
- Assures engineering documentation, procedures and manuals for local assets are in place and are maintained. Provides technical support and hands-on troubleshooting.
- Supports pipeline hydraulic modeling and troubleshooting.Participates in HAZOP, risk workshop and other annual audits/reviews as a technical reference.
Bachelor's of Science Degree in Engineering
3+ years relevant industry experience