Factory Formulation Specialist
£32,000 – 35,000 DOE plus potential bonus+ fantastic benefits
Days based – Mon- Friday
This is a full-time permanent opportunity, but we are always open to discuss individual’s flexible working needs so please speak to use during the recruitment process to understand what this could look like for you.
Are you looking to widen your quality experience with a respected global company in a key role with real responsibility and an opportunity to develop your leadership skills?
We’re looking for a Factory Formulation Specialist to join our Quality Team at our Wisbech, Purina Petcare site. This role works very closely with Purina’s Innovation and Renovation team.
At Purina PetCare, we're passionately committed to helping pets enjoy happier, healthier and longer lives because we're pet owners too.
Our Wisbech factory makes some of the UK’s most well-known and much-loved brands, such as Felix, Winalot and Gourmet and is constantly developing to meet the changing needs of our consumers. All this happens in a vibrant and historic market town known as the capital of the Fens. For a town with a rich history, it also has a strong vision for the future with continued investment planned to ensure Wisbech remains a great place to live, work and visit.
A day in the life of a Factory Formulation Specialist
Manufacturing in Nestlé is all about ensuring the consumer receives a perfect quality product, at the right time and place whilst driving losses from our business in order to maximise efficiency & productivity.
You will play a crucial role in achieving this by been responsible for providing recipe support as Product Platform Team representative in the Factory. Leading the Ingredient and Formulation activities related to the implementation of Innovation & Renovation projects and day to day formula optimization.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Be the advocate for Ingredient and Formulation quality in the factory ensuring standards and specifications are applied.
• Actively contribute to Continuous Improvement projects/initiatives to impact formulation cost, quality and compliance performances in the factory.
• Provide technical expertise to solve day to day factory ingredient performance and formulation issues.
• Act as technical interface between factory and central team in France to turn initiatives into tangible committed actions between both teams (Ingredient TAP, ingredient crisis)
• Provide inputs and support for ingredient related to capex projects
• Identify within the factory, ingredient and formulation related 360 quality (and Food Safety) improvement and take corrective actions.
• Attend/participate to relevant audits / panels to ensure product quality is maintained
• Ensure formulations are compliant to Internal European guidelines and local legislation
• Provide site leadership for the development and implementation of new ingredient and formulation in the factory.
• Responsible to coordinate solutions during and after implementation of I&R project for ingredient and formulation related issues through strong collaboration with Factory Product Process Specialist.
• Ensure ingredient standards/specifications (including HACCP studies) are applied in the factory and take actions to sustain the ingredient and formulation performances.
What will make you successful
To be successful in this this role we would you to come from a food science background, whether that be in a Quality, food safety, Food Regulatory, R&D or nutrition role, we would also expect you to have:
• Educated to degree standard in a Food Nutrition, Food Science OR Food Technology based subjects.
• Strong understanding of food ingredients, recipes and formulations.
• Ability to council the production team on formulation issues, support factory in problem solving related to formulation and recipe.
• Participate and support product reviews with head office team and based on product performance identifying and driving improvements.
• Experience working with technical ingredient data systems, ideally SAP.
• Worked with in a fast-paced food producing industry environment previously with experience.
• Knowledge of HACCP and Food Safety practices would be beneficial
• Attention to detail is vital and you will be someone who takes pride and responsibility in what you do.
• Ability to follow a procedure carefully to avoid errors.
• Worked in a fast moving, complex environment requiring flexibility and agility in managing priorities and stakeholders.
• Experience of modern manufacturing techniques such as 5S, TPM would be ideal though not essential but you will be looking to drive continuous improvement projects in this role.
What you need to know
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays plus flex leave, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
The closing date for this role is 29th Sept 2021.
We will be considering candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Right to work in the UK
In accordance with Home Office guidance successful candidates will be required to evidence their right to work in the UK before commencement of employment. The successful candidate therefore must be able to demonstrate their right to work status for the UK during the recruitment process. We have assessed this role and it could be applicable for sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route. If you do not have the right to work in the UK and you are unable to gain this independently, we may be able to provide sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route in line with the Home office guidelines. We encourage you to review the UK Home Office guidelines ahead of submitting a job application to review whether you meet the eligibility criteria under the Skilled Worker route and understand the immigration fees that you would be responsible for when making a visa application. If you require sponsorship, please discuss this with us as part of the recruitment process.