Up to £35,000 per annum depending on experience + additional benefits
This is a full time permanent opportunity, but we are always open to discuss individual’s flexible working needs so please speak to use during the recruitment process to understand what this could look like for you.
We have an exciting opportunity at our Purina site in Sudbury; we are looking for an experienced Factory Hygienist to join the team.
At Purina PetCare, we're passionately committed to helping pets enjoy happier, healthier and longer lives because we're pet owners too.
In our Sudbury factory the 250 strong workforce produce some of the UK’s most popular brands including Go-Cat, Bakers, Purina ONE, BETA and Pro Plan providing consumers with a product to meet their every need. And this ancient, bustling market town in the heart of the Stour valley is surrounded by countryside of outstanding natural beauty making Sudbury an idea place for animal lovers. Plus, there’s the added advantage of London being a 45 minute train ride away from nearby Colchester.
A day in the life of a Factory Hygienist
Reporting into the Quality Assurance Manager you will be an integral member of the Quality team, supporting across the whole site with effective and efficient management of the site hygiene contractors, GMP, pest control activities, food safety audits & compliance with microbiological standards.
Key responsibility will include:
• Oversee management of pathogen monitoring program; take a lead role in any microbiological investigations, both environmental & finished product.
• Ensure a comprehensive cleaning plan is in place for the factory, including specific documentation as appropriate and review cleaning effectiveness / standards of cleaning by the factory teams
• Ensure adherence to good hygienic practices in the factory liaising with conformance managers. Prepare and deliver training packages as appropriate
• Lead the site on hygienic matters in preparation for either internal or external audits. Use self-assessment tools and workbook to conduct gap analysis
• Deliver the required high standard of pest control using internal and external resources.
• Manage the external service provider, ensuring the service specification is clearly understood and consistently met.
• Manage Hygiene incidents and help to identify weakness to avoid reoccurrence
• Lead and drive site hygienic improvement plans working with multi-disciplinary teams to implement best in class solutions.
• Foreign body investigation
What will make you successful
To be successful in this role it is key that you will be able to manage multiple stakeholders, build relationships and multi task a variety of projects at the same time. You will need a strong service orientation and be able to demonstrate a genuine passion to develop yourself further.
Other key attributes will be:
• Educated to a degree standard in a food science based course or equivalent.
• Proven experience in a food manufacturing environment is essential.
• Advanced food hygiene certificate is crucial. (Level 3 or 4)
• Knowledge of HACCP is essential.
• Good knowledge of products & processes to ensure hygiene/cleaning standards are appropriately applied.
• Experience of the application of cleaning & disinfection techniques.
• Good understanding of pathogen controls & preventative measures
• Experience managing people and contractors would be ideal but you will need to be able to communicate and flex your style across all levels in the business.
• Knowledge and experience of risk assessments and root cause analysis, making judgements on the outcomes to deliver improvements.
• Ability to plan and deliver against tight deadlines and manage multiple initiatives at the same time.
What you need to know
This opportunity will provide you with real ownership and accountability, offering you development both individually and as part of a highly skilled team.
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday (pro rata) plus statutory holidays plus flex leave, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
The closing date for this role is the 27th October 2021.
We will be considering candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Right to work in the UK
In accordance with Home Office guidance successful candidates will be required to evidence their right to work in the UK before commencement of employment. The successful candidate therefore must be able to demonstrate their right to work status for the UK during the recruitment process. We have assessed this role and it could be applicable for sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route. If you do not have the right to work in the UK and you are unable to gain this independently, we may be able to provide sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route in line with the Home office guidelines. We encourage you to review the UK Home Office guidelines ahead of submitting a job application to review whether you meet the eligibility criteria under the Skilled Worker route and understand the immigration fees that you would be responsible for when making a visa application. If you require sponsorship, please discuss this with us as part of the recruitment process.