As the Process Engineer, you will be accountable for a broad range of
responsibilities including daily support for Operations,Process Monitoring
and Optimization, and leadership for process safety and environmental
compliance activities. Additionally, you will take a key role in various
special assignments such as turnaround support activities, project
commissioning and catalyst selection. The Process Engineer will function
as a team member to assure availability and to optimize across the
refinery and support the daily operation of one of the operating units. You
will be responsible for developing ideas, technical assurance, design
criteria and building business cases for project investments.
- Deliver personal capability - accountable for growing professionally, and exploring opportunities that establish the basis for long term career planning
- Deliver Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental compliance - accountable for personal and process safety, compliance to standards and applying technical knowledge to unit health, safety, security, and environmental issues
- Network with site manufacturing technical representatives, commercial, projects organizations, technology netoworks, and other BP sites sharing and bringing applied information on short-term tactical and strategic initiatives, programs, and projects to Whiting. - Support asset owner's interests pertaining to compliance, sustaining and capability/growth frontend work.
- Monitor and communicate unit technical process status, risks, and opportunities. This includes maintaining and developing advanced monitoring tools and interfacing with Reliability, Inspection and Commercial teams.
- Provide technical leadership for Operations, Environmental and Technology issues.
- Deliver operational technical support through improved process improvements, turnarounds, performance tests, and troubleshooting exercises. This may include occasionally working shift/evening/weekend schedule.
- Deliver technical learning - accountable for ensuring technical knowledge is captured, maintained, and easily retrievable and shared appropriately.
- Provide in-department backfill coverage for other engineers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering or Petroleum Engineering.
- Technical Bachelor's Degree and equivalent time in a related role will be considered.
- A minimum of 5 years plant technical, operations or maintenance experience.
- Preferred 7 years of experience.