Festival and Events Manager
We are seeking to appoint a Festival and Events Manager to design, develop and deliver the VFX Festival and the Entrepreneurship festival, in close collaboration with colleagues in Student Recruitment, Sales, Marketing, Student Experience and Alumni, to ensure consistent, efficient and clear coordination across all events.
- Design, develop and deliver the VFX Festival and the Entrepreneurship Festival, liaise with the venues, work with our PR agencies and B2B teams to coordinate speakers, secure sponsorship, achieve target ticket sales, write email copy and send emails to waiting list, and take responsibility for the delivery of the festivals.
- Oversee the design, development and delivery of the undergraduate Pearson Business School open days and taster days via line management of the Events Assistant Degree Apprentice.
- Oversee the delivery of the Professional Workshops, ensuring students have an excellent impression of Pearson College London.
- Diligently maintain the appropriate events pages on the website with the latest event details.
- Timely and accurate management of events payments and invoices.
- Ensure that events are appropriately staffed and smoothly and efficiently delivered.
- Undertake all risk assessments for events and adhere to Pearson best practice in event management.
- Stay up to date on industry activities, and work closely with current students to understand our market.
- Professional development will include attending similar festivals and completing the a Diploma in Event Management and Masterclass in Festival Management.
- Be proactive and take ownership of events. This will include; understanding the market, being aware of issues that may impact ticket sales and sponsorship for each event, monitoring progress against targets and taking action to address shortfalls and ensure targets are met.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to work with tact and diplomacy in dealing with a range of people
- Must be methodical, with exceptional attention to detail and experienced in meeting deadlines and delivering a high quality work.
- Highly organised, with exceptional time management skills
- A positive, energetic attitude and flexibility in your approach to work and colleagues
- Demonstrate resilience and creativity in solving problems Patient and diligent
- Ability to delegate work and carefully manage your own workload
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Good working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- An aptitude for Google sheets, docs and other apps
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience of marketing or student recruitment
- Experience of planning, logistics and coordination for multiple off site and on site events.
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment, with multiple priorities
- Experience managing projects, delivered within budget and to tight deadlines.
- Experience of liaising with sponsors, speakers and suppliers
- An understanding of, or experience within Business, Visual Effects, Animation and Game Art.
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-190 High Holborn 190 High Holborn London WC1V 7BH
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Job Posting: Mar 9, 2018
Job Unposting: Apr 6, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1804017