Pearson College London was established in 2012. We have a clear mission – to become the UK’s leading provider of industry-focused education, enabling our students to develop the knowledge, intellectual capacity and professional experience they need for their long-term careers. Through Pearson Business School and Escape Studios we offer degrees, training and short courses which are designed, developed and delivered with industry.
Working with the Admissions and Student Services teams, you will manage all aspects of student finance: loan and direct payments, scholarships, reconciliation and debt chasing. Overseeing the smooth running of all aspects relating to students’ finance will require regular contact with applicants, students and SLC HEP Services as well as liaising with the Finance Department within Pearson PLC to ensure that tuition fees are being collected and recorded and statements of account are issued to students. You will utilise in-depth knowledge of HE student finance and be informed by best practice in the sector to provide a high quality, professional service to all stakeholders including enquirers, applicants, students and staff. Additional responsibilities relating to finance may be required and additionally, at peak periods, occasional support to the Admission Team outside of the role’s main function.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES OF THE JOB
These are the key responsibilities of the job: on occasion you may be required to undertake other duties commensurate with your grade
- Manage the reconciliation of tuition fee payments, whether by way of a student loan, direct payment or other means, keeping finance records and individual student records on SITS up to date.
- Liaise with Pearson PLC Finance and individual students to ensure that payments are made promptly in line with agreed payment plans.
- Regularly follow up with debtors and minimise risk to the College from bad debt.
- Ensure all courses are added to the Student Finance website ready for applications.
- Ensure information relating to fees and finance is correct and up to date on the Pearson College website and prospectus and other external sites such as UCAS.
- Develop and implement a student statement of account service.
- Maintain student records on the SITS database including administration of scholarships and fee waivers.
- Arrange for refunds where required.
- Provide advice and guidance on issues relating to student finance and notify applicants and students when Student Finance applications are open.
- Compiling reports upon request.
11.Respond to enquiries from students and applicants and/or their advisors whether in person, by email, over the telephone or in writing, giving due consideration to data protection.
- Student management on the HEP portal
- Contacting the HEP Advisors Helpline and our SLC Relationship Manager to help resolve issues either relating to individual students or the College in general.
- To take an active role in enrolment.
- To attend Open Days if required.
- To contribute to the planning and development of the admissions process and student journey.
- Attend external training events and conferences, keeping up with the latest updates regarding Student Finance and reporting appropriately to the Head of Admissions and Head of Student Services.
- Support the Admissions Team with ad hoc duties unrelated to the main functions of this role during peak periods.
Additional duties as required relating to the continued improvement of student finance.
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
a) Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications Required
- Educated to A level or equivalent
- Undergraduate degree
- A proven track record in delivering to targets and deadlines
- Experience and an in-depth knowledge of HE student finance
- Knowledge and experience of financial regulations and best practice
- IT experience in a Windows environment, including use of databases
- Previous experience with SITS
- Knowledge of the HE Admissions Cycle
- Working knowledge of HE and the current challenges within the sector
- Knowledge of GDPR and experience on handling sensitive data
b) Skills and Competencies
- Experience of credit control
- Strong numerical skills
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to interface with diverse groups of individuals, with confidence and clarity, providing excellent customer service
- Ability to summarise and take succinct, clear notes of meetings and discussions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality about sensitive issues
- Works to meet quality standards with a habit of checking own work for accuracy and presentation standards
- Ability to organise own tasks and activities in a systematic way, juggling work priorities to meet deadlines
- Able to use own initiative when required and to escalate where appropriate
- Commitment to continuous improvement of the customer’s experience
- Flexibility to occasionally work outside standard working hours, at peak times
Additional: It may not be possible to take leave at certain times of the year, particularly certain weeks within January, August and September as these are our busiest times.
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-190 High Holborn 190 High Holborn London WC1V 7BH
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Apr 8, 2019
Job Unposting: Apr 22, 2019
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1904599
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.