Finance Transformation Process Design - 6 month FTC
Pearson has undertaken a major restructure to move from a federated set of businesses to a new ‘One Pearson‘ structure over the last two years. There are a number of programmes and initiatives underway to ensure our infrastructure, data and systems can support the One Pearson structure.
The Oak Programme is a major programme which aims to significantly reduce operating costs by 2020. As an enabling function within the organisation, the Finance function is committed achieving significant changes to our Finance Target Operating Model and our ways of working to deliver our operating cost reduction targets.
Role overview & Purpose
- This role will be part of the Finance Transformation team for Business Performance Management (BPM), supporting the Finance function in achieving their Oak transformation targets, and therefore supporting the function in achieving the saving targets aligned with the One Pearson vision.
- Within the Finance Transformation project team, this role will support the team producing the definition and documentation of the BPM role, developing and validating supporting documentation which is fit for purpose and aligns to Pearson strategy and culture.
- The purpose of the role is to support and provide expertise for the analysis, development, design and documentation of the BPM processes.
- The role will report to the Director of Project Management, Finance Transformation and will work in extensively with the wider Finance Transformation project team to support this major operational transformation.
- This is a great career opportunity to support Pearson Finance through a major operational transformation and add significant value to the One Pearson strategy.
- Support the design and validation of the role definition for the BPM Finance team
- Ensure consistency with the role definitions across other areas of Finance and service catalogues.
- Ensure validation of refinements and updates to the Finance Target Operating Model to ensure consistency across team
- Assist in writing supporting collateral on the alignment to Finance strategy and the benefits of the programme,
- Assist in writing supporting collateral to explain the future state clearly, identify significant interim states and provide supporting materials to communicate about this.
- Manage SME input into the design, development and validation of all materials.
- Support the Finance Transformation team in producing business facing process documentation and other materials.
Essential Experience / Skills
- Knowledge of process mapping / process design and documentation
- Knowledge of Finance BPM processes - focusing on the reporting and analytical side opposed to operational finance
- Experience in aligning TOM and process to Business case and benefits
- Understanding of Finance process redesign and implementation is desirable
- Proven success working within an operationally-focused and output-driven environment
- Experience of managing or supporting a large scale complex change or transformation project
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
Personal Style and Behavior
- Respect for our values: Brave, Imaginative, Decent and Accountable
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Apr 26, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Temporary
Req ID: 1806630
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.