At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Summary of role:
- Delivery of high quality, accurate and timely reporting in line with SLAs;
- Identifying opportunities and implementing changes for continuous improvement;
- Ensuring maintenance of stakeholder satisfaction on an ongoing basis
- Contributing to team effort by sharing knowledge and experiences with other team members
- Deliver all monthly profitability reporting ensuring SLAs are met and service is delivered to end users as expected ;
- Perform variance analysis against pre-determined budgets/forecasts; and
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis as requested to support accurate reporting and business decisions;
- Complete all activities to agreed standards within SLAs;
- Contribute to team effort and assist peers as needed to balance workloads;
- Maintain stakeholder satisfaction by delivering agreed reporting in line with the month end schedule and promptly following up on any additional requests for information; and
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and communicate these to the Team Lead.
- Strong working relationship with the Finance Business Partnering team supported
- Delivery of all work to agreed Service Level Agreements
- Process improvement over time including simplification and standardization
- Flexibility to meet tight and changing deadlines
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal skills and a solution-orientated attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with both finance and non-finance professionals;
- Ability to learn quickly and be adaptable to change management within processes and systems;
- Highly organised with the ability to identify and prioritise value-added activities to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel (v-lookups, sum-ifs, pivot tables, Index etc.).
- Experience in working with an Accountancy ERP package – Oracle experience would be an advantage
- Experience of Oracle Smart View excel add-on would be an advantage
Primary Location: GB-GB-Belfast
Work Locations: GB-Belfast-Millennium House Millennium House, 1st Floor Great Victoria Street Belfast BT2 7AQ
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Nov 30, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1815749
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.