The Financial Analyst - Controls ensures financial control for the Fuels North America (NA) Hydrocarbon Supply activities by monitoring the financial ledgers to confirm Supply transactions have been recorded properly, as well as provide performance analysis to management.
- Oversee accounting and control activities for North West Supply business within Fuels NA.
- Provide month end close assurance through financial analysis including explanations of the results with business drivers to key NW Supply and Finance stakeholders.
- Completes financial forecasting activities and associated variance analysis.
- Identify and resolve accounting and control issues as they arise, leading working groups to deliver process improvement.
- Identify and implement opportunities for performance management process improvement.
- Participate in projects involving activities such as storage optimization, MI Margin Capture, and release of working capital options, etc.
Bachelors degree required; a specialization in Finance or Accounting preferred.
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience required.
- Strong analytical skills with advanced Excel or Access experience.
- Able to interpret and communicate financial information with clarity.
- Demonstrates a relentless drive and determination to see complex opportunities and issues through to resolution.