- Coordinate Annual Plan process and development of the 5-Year Strategic Plan.
- Develop process to understand and communicate results to improve performance of the business.
- Ensure financial control for all Retail site activities in multiple geographies and Channels of Trade.
- Monitor Financial Performance against various forecasts and previous year’s delivery to ensure that BP continues on its strategic path, with ability to understand gaps and communicate gaps with recommended interventions if performance falls short of expectations.
- Communicate results and recommended areas of improvement with Retail Leadership Team and others in the organization.
- Develop all Planning & Performance commentary requirements to Retail Leadership, North America leadership, and global BP Performance teams.
- Develop new reporting to help Retail team gain greater insights into their performance.
- Support business challenging spend, identifying areas of potential reduction and working with appropriate teams to implement improvement actions. Focus should be on improving operational efficiency and increasing cash flow.
- Perform initiatives to improve the effectiveness of financial controls and analysis by engaging with contacts across Finance, Marketing & Sales, and our Shared Services organization. The position engages in a variety of ad hoc projects as dictated by business need.
- Coordinate forecast of volumes and margins by Channels of Trade and Sales Regions monthly to feed into regular financial submissions.
- Monitor the financial ledgers to ensure Retail transactions have been recorded properly as well as provide actual vs forecast variance analysis to management.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Specialization in Finance, Accounting or Economics preferred.
Essential experience and job requirements
- 8 years of financial analysis experience required.
- Demonstrated commercial strategy experience or understanding required with a preference for experience in a growing business.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management in a professional manner, while interpreting and communicating financial information with clarity.
- Ability to routinely utilize numbers and analytical techniques in a manner that improves both understanding and decision-making.
- Strong analytical, financial control, reporting and accounting skills required for the role.
- SAP and Advanced Excel and/or Access experience needed.
Desirable criteria and qualifications
- Experience in the energy sector or retail is preferred but not required.
- Possesses the ability to interpret and validate data and identify key economic drivers, with expertise in the tools and techniques used to analyze.
- Tenacity in pursuing delivery of function results.
- If you are applying for a position in the United States, you must be at least 18 years of age, legally authorized to work in the United States; and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., TN, H1B status), now or in the future.
Other Requirements (eg Travel, Location)
- There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
The Downstream Segment is responsible for the supply and trading, refining, marketing and transportation of crude oil and petroleum products to wholesale and retail customers. We market our products in over 100 countries, operating primarily in Asia, Europe and North America but also in Australia, Africa and Central and South America.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest).
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
If you are a US-based applicant or you are applying to a position in the US and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran, and would like any type of assistance to apply or to access or to attend any recruitment or selection event, system or process, we would like to help you to ensure that your application process goes as smoothly as possible. If you need assistance, information, or answers to your questions, and you are an individual with disability or a disabled veteran, feel free to contact us or have any of your representatives contact us at BP US Application Assistance BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com,Telephone: 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version)
An equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.