Financial Analyst - Project Accounting & Fixed Assets
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
- Complete the processing of all technical responsibilities (see below) in a timely, efficient and accurate manner
- Contribute to team effort and assist co-workers as needed to balance workloads
- Help to create a work atmosphere conducive to a high degree of integrity and teamwork
- Maintain customer satisfaction by promptly following up on customers’ requests for information.
- Ensure performance targets are met and service is delivered to end users as expected.
- Identify opportunities for continuous process improvement and innovative solutions and communicate these to the Team Leader.
- Take proactive involvement in determining and implementing best practices
- Perform/Review/Approve work by staff members and IBM including:
- Preparation of account analysis for Work In Progress, Finished Goods, Plant and related reserve accounts including cost of sales analysis
- Assist with the completion of the monthly reporting metrics and package
- Review of open Work In Process
- Review of standard costs, plant assets, and special projects in support of the Pearson North America
- Prepare and process journal entries during monthly and year end close processes.
- Weekly revaluations of product receipts
- Monthly reporting schedules including WIP reconciliation, PPV roll forwards, WIP aging, etc
- Record cost data for use by management in controlling expenditures.
- Analyse actual costs versus standard costs and work with project managers to understand reason for and to prepare commentary and reports of variances.
- SOX Testing
- Assist with preparation of data for both Internal and External Audit requests
- Strong working relationship with the Finance Business Partnering team supported
- Delivery of all work to agreed Performance Management targets
- Process improvement over time including simplification and standardization.
Candidates should be educated to degree level or equivalent relevant experience.
Ideally candidates should be Part Qualified, working towards full accounting qualification, or have a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in an accounting role.
Candidates should also be able to demonstrate:
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a changing environment.
- Competent with Excel; the ability to manipulate data and create targeted analysis for stakeholders.
Experience of working in a Shared Service environment would be desirable.
Primary Location: GB-GB-Belfast
Work Locations: GB-Belfast-Millennium House Millennium House, 1st Floor Great Victoria Street Belfast BT2 7AQ
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jul 2, 2018
Job Unposting: Jul 23, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1809720
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled