We are looking to recruit Financial Investigators from a variety of backgrounds. The NCA utilise Financial Investigators for both Civil and Criminal casework. We are seeking a broad range of applicants to help us fill roles in both areas. Therefore we encourage applications from:
Candidates with accredited Financial Investigator status or Candidates with lapsed accreditation as Financial Investigators (3 years or less) who evidence the aptitude and ability to reinstate/attain Financial Investigator accreditation.
This recruitment is for Criminal Justice Taskforce/Outbound Cash Team, if the recruitment reaches capacity, you may be posted to an alternative team.
• To conduct and support money laundering and economic crime investigations in accordance with NCA policy and legislative requirements and maximise the effective use of the Proceeds of Crime Act and other legislation.
• To contribute to the acquisition and development of tactical and strategic intelligence through targeted research, open source searches, behavioural, analytical, comparative studies and/or prevention initiatives focused on serious and organised crime affecting the UK, particularly money laundering and economic crime investigations.
• To sift and analyse large volumes of data, follow complex financial trails, and seek and act upon opportunities to obtain evidential material.
• Take on finance roles within a larger case team, ensuring all legal and operational requirements are met on the way to preparing cases for submission to the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS), or the NCA’s Legal Department, as appropriate.
• Build effective external partnerships, collaborate with other NCA units, wider UK law enforcement, international counterparts, and Government departments.
• We have a number of roles in Cyber Crime Financial Investigations. To be successful in this role you would have experience of conducting financial investigations into cyber dependent and enabled crime and the criminal abuse of crypto currencies. Please ensure your application includes any skills or experience that you may have in this area.