Senior Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Pearson created a dedicated finance shared service centre in 2016 as part of a major efficiency program. Pearson Financial Services (PFS) is a central component of global Finance Operations strategy within Pearson, which provides a full spectrum of financial services to our internal customers across the suite of Pearson business based within the UK and North America.
We are looking to recruit a very experienced Finance Manager who will be responsible for the delivery of planning, budgeting & forecasting alongside management reporting & analysis services to internal customers including some of the most senior leaders of a FTSE 100 organisation to aid strategic decision making.
- Overall accountability for day-to-day Financial Planning and Analysis team;
- Aid / Input into the annual strategic planning process as required through preparation of analyses, sales & margin plans and other requested supporting information to enable collation of the plan;
- Manage the quarterly forecasting processes undertaking reviews with the finance business partners;
- Production of month end management information packs, including supporting variance analysis and commentary;
- Monthly and quarterly consolidation of management information packs across business areas and roll up to group level showing performance against budget and forecast;
- Manage the production of Board level reporting;
- Provision of insightful commentary and of ad-hoc analysis / reporting as required outside of the normal month, quarter and year end processes to support decision making; for example, product profitability; cost of sales analysis; customer and product mix.
- Working closely with the newly established Reporting Centre of Expertise (RCOE) to drive the development of a set of high quality, reliable and robust standard reports to deliver timely and insightful information to the business customer;
- Ensure efficient & effective management anddelivery to customers ofall FP&A activities within the Pearson Finance Services and BPO organisations;
- Undertake effective demand management processes to manage, prioritise, delegate and deliver an optimum service to the customer that aligns to their strategic requirements;
- As a member of the PFS leadership team, work to develop & continuously improve the services performed by PFS, constantly seeking further efficiency & effectiveness through standardisation, simplification & elimination as appropriate;
- Support the Finance Business Partnering Team in educating the business on the Finance Operating Model as required.
- Financial Acumen and Technical Skills:excellent experience of planning, budgeting and forecasting and producing management information for decision making in a complex commercial environment. Ability to apply a range of budgeting and forecasting techniques to provide the business with the relevant financial information.
- Analytical skills: Well developed analytical skills, ability to review and analyse financial data and explain results to senior management. Provide analysis to support decision making, including presenting economic outcomes, identifying key value drivers, benefits, risks and accounting implications.
- Managerial Leadership/Building Skills:Able to work cohesively in a matrix structure. Ability to mentor, coach and develop key staff. Ability to deal with ambiguity and be able to motivate the team with periods of uncertainty and/or change successfully.
- Leadership: Strong communications skills and leadership qualities to lead a large team and execute on multiple deliverables.
- Continuous Improvement:Execution oriented Process improvement mindset and able to deal with and anticipate change.
- Service Delivery: strong background in developing and maintaining a robust service delivery capability. Managing short and longterm operational goals to deliver effectively for ‘customers’ ensuring that performance metrics are achieved.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with experience working with and partnering and presenting to senior stakeholders;
- Leadership skills to promote and drive functional strategies and operational excellenceideally within a Shared Service Function
- Proven track record in Financial Planning and Analysis within medium to large, complex international organisations, ideally including the creation of a central function.
- Commercial focus, and the ability to apply business acumen to innovate, solve problems and achieve results;
- Highly developed relationship and influencing skills both internally and externally at a senior level, and able to build business capabilities through effective stakeholder management;
- Confident articulator with excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels;
- Able to manage business and financial risks and controls within areas of accountability and ownership, within agreed risk appetites/tolerances;
- Excellent line management skills including managing team development and supporting individuals' personal and career development. Recruit, retain and motivate staff to build a high performing team;
- Ability to work autonomously demonstrating initiative and sound judgement;
- Strong Finance Operations / service centre background within a complex, global organisation;
- Experience/knowledge of ERP systems (preferably Oracle R12 including, Oracle Hyperion Planning and OBIA).
Primary Location: GB-GB-Belfast
Work Locations: GB-Belfast-Millennium House Millennium House, 1st Floor Great Victoria Street Belfast BT2 7AQ
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Aug 6, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1808449
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled