Financial Reporting Analyst - NAFC (6mnth FTC)
Financial Reporting Analyst - NAFC Corporate Accounting
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
- Complete the processing of all technical responsibilities (see below) in a timely, efficient and accurate manner
- Contribute to team effort and assist co-workers as needed to balance workloads
- Help to create a work atmosphere conducive to a high degree of integrity and teamwork
- Maintain customer satisfaction by promptly following up on customers’ requests for information.
- Ensure performance management targets are met and service is delivered to end users as expected.
- Identify opportunities for continuous process improvement and innovative solutions and communicate these to the Team Leader.
- Take proactive involvement in determining and implementing best practices
- Manage/oversee the activities being performed by the BPO (IBM) team in Bangalore in support of the business. This includes journal entry review/approval along with account reconciliation or roll forward review/approval ensuring proper support.
- Oversight of month end close process and entries for various business units.
- Participation and preparation for formal Balance Sheet Reviews for business units.
- Review and approve journal entries prepared by BPO.
- Review and approve account reconciliations prepared by BPO.
- Prepare complex account reconciliations, analysis or rollforwards as needed for any new accounts or processes created by the business prior to training and transition to BPO.
- Preparation and submission of monthly journal entries as required
- Prepare complex calculations for such items as bad debt, deferred revenue or reserves.
- Prepare reporting on balance sheet / cash flow including supplemental and statutory file preparation.
- Provide Finance Business Partners with insightful pre-close insight on any material adjustments
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis / production of reports as requested to support accurate reporting and support business decisions.
- Co-ordination of tax package requests
- Annual Desktop Procedure (DTP) review and write up for any new processes created or transitioned to IBM.
- Request accruals / other adjustments (including review of month end postings for quality, identifying necessary material adjustments required and requesting necessary journal entries).
- Significant interaction with business units, enabling functions, and auditors.
- Ensure timing and classification of entries are correct and that accounting treatment within business units is consistent.
- Provide data for M&A support, disposition support, claims & litigations support.
- Ensure that corporate policies and procedures are consistently applied.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Part Qualified Accountant
- Flexibility to meet multiple tight and changing deadlines
- Self-motivated and use of initiative to complete tasks to deadline, prioritising when there are competing goals
Primary Location: GB-GB-Belfast
Work Locations: GB-Belfast-Millennium House Millennium House, 1st Floor Great Victoria Street Belfast BT2 7AQ
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Mar 16, 2018
Job Unposting: Mar 28, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Temporary
Req ID: 1803159