Financial Repoting Analyst
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
- Complete the processing of all technical responsibilities (see below) in a timely, efficient and accurate manner
- Ensure the preparation of ad-hoc analysis / production of reports as requested to support accurate reporting and business decisions
- Preparing variance analysis against performance targets
- Preparing monthly management reporting packs (including but not limited to analysis of payroll and FTE)
- Assist in providing Finance Business Partners with insightful pre-close P&L reports on WD1 through to WD7. Actual deadlines may be subject to change. Monthly calendar of activities to be maintained as agreed current view of deadlines and communicated to FD/VP stakeholders.
- Preparation of accruals / other adjustment journal entries as required)
- Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting and Reporting – Opex Bau
- Contribute to team effort and assist co-workers as needed to balance workloads
- Help to create a work atmosphere conducive to a high degree of integrity and teamwork
- Maintain customer satisfaction by promptly following up on customers’ requests for information.
- Ensure performance targets are met and service is delivered to end users as expected.
- Identify opportunities for continuous process improvement and innovative solutions and communicate these to the Team Leader.
- Take proactive involvement in determining and implementing best practices
Assist in the reconciliations of data between source ERPs and consolidated reporting tools (Oracle/Hyperion) and seeking explanations for significant variances.
Ad hoc reporting and analysis as required.
Provide wider support to the Technology, Operations and Enabling Functions team as required.
The ideal candidate will have good technical accounting knowledge, excellent communication skills and feel comfortable providing specialised support for the Record to Report.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Strong understanding of materiality and ability to prioritise across competing agendas
- Understanding of financial control processes and functions.
- Strong control environment and compliance with regulatory reporting and audit requirements.
- Leverage of analytics and business intelligence tools to provide accurate and timely information for management decision making.
- Experience using Oracle and Hyperion systems and Smartview tools viewed favourably
- Demonstration of strong performance against targets and key performance indicators and an ability to focus on value-added activities.
- Stakeholder management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with both finance and non-finance professionals
- Part qualified accountant with relevant experience in: Budgeting, planning, forecasting and management reporting (including variance analysis)
- Frequentuser of Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel (v-lookups, sum-ifs, pivot tables etc.)
- A self-starter who is motivated to work under own initiative when required
- Ability to work as part of a team, identifying and providing support to colleagues
In exchange for your experience and knowledge, you will be rewarded with a positive team that want to succeed, a competitive compensation package, an outstanding workspace, the flexibility to achieve work/life balance and career development opportunities. This is a permanent, full-time role based in Belfast.
If you are interested in growing your career with the world’s leading learning organisation, please submit your application now.
Primary Location: GB-GB-Belfast
Work Locations: GB-Belfast-Millennium House Millennium House, 1st Floor Great Victoria Street Belfast BT2 7AQ
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jun 12, 2018
Job Unposting: Jul 6, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1808852
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.