We are recruiting into all our Banking and Finance groups in London.
The roles will form part of our broad multi-specialist financing practice and have a wide remit. However, each of the three recruiting groups does have a slightly different client base and focus: one handles a lot of Debt Capital Markets and Securitisation work, another's focus is acquisition and leveraged finance while the third group has more of a Corporate Recovery and Insolvency slant.
Associates will tend to work for partners in their own group, but may also work for partners in other groups to provide a breadth of experience not only in types of work, but also in the different working practices and approach of different partners. It would not be unusual for one of our junior associates to have worked on a bilateral loan, a syndicated loan, a highly structured financing using both debt and equity components and quite commonly legal entities in multiple jurisdictions or some more specialist financing work, such as a securitisation or project financing.
The transactions we work on are generally challenging and sophisticated. We do, however, aim to give associates as much responsibility and client contact as they are ready for. Junior associates may take the lead either on the transaction as a whole or a part of it. If you feel comfortable running a negotiation/meeting alone, the partners will be keen to encourage you.
We recognise that individuals all need to develop at their own pace so your progress and workload will be continually monitored and reviewed with your mentor partner.
Role and responsibilities:
• Drafting, reviewing and amending the legal and commercial aspects of documentation
• Advising on a range of corporate and commercial issues
• Advising on acquisition and leveraged finance, asset finance, project finance and structured finance
• Advising on debt capital market transactions, corporate recovery and insolvency and securitisations
• Advising on bank lending of all kinds, including corporate and sovereign
• Providing efficient professional support for partners
• Developing professional relationships with clients
• Supporting the wider team in developing business and raising the profile of the firm
• Managing/supervising the work of others including trainees.
Key skills and attributes:
• Appropriate level of post-qualification experience (we anticipate approximately 0 and 3 years) in a City, major regional or leading international firm.
• Broad exposure across a range of high value transactions
• Previous experience of working on similar scale deals and with a significant level of responsibility is essential.
• Ability to draft, advise and negotiate in relation to complex transactions
• Demonstrate first rate legal/commercial knowledge
• Strong academic background (the equivalent of high 2.1 degree and AAB at A-level) and a demonstrable high level of intellectual analysis
• Excellent client relationship skills
• Excellent efficiency and transaction management skills
• Ability to develop and work in a fast paced, intellectually challenging environment
• Resilient under pressure with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
• Experienced in running negotiations/meetings under minimal supervision
• High level of professionalism and integrity; displaying the highest standard of professional ethics
• Experience of working in a diverse team whilst fostering an inclusive team culture.
Location: EC1Y 8YY
Salary and benefits package: Competitive
Closing date for all applications: 30/11/2017
Slaughter and May is committed to ensuring that our recruitment processes are barrier-free and as inclusive as possible to everyone. This includes making adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you have any questions, or require any adjustments to be made to the application process or interview process, please let us know.
Any offer of employment with us is subject to the firm’s receiving a satisfactory report from its third party screening and vetting agency in respect of the successful candidate.