The role reports to the Retail Compliance Manager and is a member of the Technical & Compliance Team. The role also works closely with the Offer Development Team in assisting to evaluate the intent, value and execution of food programs and processes in the business.
- Technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) to assure full quality control and food safety compliance requirements are met at all Company Owned retail sites
- Interpret federal, state and local regulatory guidelines to assure the ongoing compliance of the food safety program
- Engage with stakeholders to identify potential quality and food safety exposure risks & annually review/update food safety risks on the business risk register
- Develop food safety policies and procedures for retail sites based on needs assessment and applicability.
- Annually review the food safety sections of the Store Systems Manual(s), Third-Party audit forms and BP standard Contract language around food safety
- Update the Food Crisis Business Continuity Plan annually; and develop a full-scale Food Recall training module for the annual drill.
- Manage all food quality/safety related incidents & conduct investigations as necessary for: product recalls, food related complaints, product irregularity or any other complaints involving consumable products.
- Provide technical SME risk reduction guidance for alcohol, tobacco and other specialty products.
- Oversee food safety audit program for proprietary ampm food product suppliers and wholesalers.
- Ensure vendor food safety audits are current and meet BP requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in food science, microbiology or related field required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in food manufacturing, food safety and/or auditing
- Strong knowledge of HACCP Food safety programs and requirements to mitigate Food Incident risks while maximizing customer satisfaction
- Development of retail quality control and food safety programs, policies and procedures
- Ability to provide quality control and food safety training as necessary
- Ability to communicate via verbal, written effectively and clearly to a variety of audiences