The role of the Formulation Support Technologist is to maintain integrity of the product line and formulate new final products from prototypes developed by Global Product Development. The Formulation Support Technologist contributes to the Americas Regional Technology Deployment Team, communicating best practices and supporting product performance, process improvements and resolution of customer and manufacturing issues.
- Ensure that product finalisation and maintenance is aligned with business strategy
- Ensure close collaboration with Global Product Development and Regional Formulation Team
- Reduce product cost of goods through plant formulation balance and optimization and execution directed through a product/raw material sourcing change or independent formulation activity.
- Maintain Streamline, Fusion database and ODIMS to support new product development work
- Maintain integrity of product line and formulate new final products from prototypes developed by Global Product Development.
- Validate formulations to ensure quality and integrity in advance of manufacturing deployment.
- Perform and document appropriate lab tests to generate technical data and analytical information relating to product performance for new formulas and raw materials
- The incumbent is required to liaise closely with Formulation Support Team Leader, Supply Chain and as necessary Marketing and Sales.
- He/She is also requested to evaluate new raw materials to effect cost saving and exploit any technical or commercial opportunities that might arise.
- The incumbent will be required to maintain working relationships with a wide variety of internal and external individuals and departments.
- He/She will also be required to advocate as necessary Castrol technology, including product performance and also monitor competitive activities.
- The incumbent as necessary can be required to conduct tests in support of Sales and Marketing.
- Comply with BP code of Conduct and Ethics, Operations and Safety mandates.
- Support laboratory operation and safety initiatives.
A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a science or engineering related discipline.
- Knowledge and experience in laboratory operations.
- Ability to think conceptually and work with general guidance from management.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (written and oral).
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and manage a diverse range of accountabilities.