The Franchise Business Consultant (FBC) role provides convenience retail consultation to ARCO ampm Franchisees and ARCO Dealers in an assigned geographic area, including advising and assisting with Merchandising, Business/Financial, and Operational Performance to improve total site profitability. The Franchise Business Consultant is a key role for the delivery of the ampm Franchise offer through a well-defined business consulting relationship centered on best retail business practices and serves as a single point of contact for marketing field support. The FBC is a front line salesperson that through strong salesmanship and influencing skills gets franchisee buy in and execution of existing and new programs. This role also provides expertise to the Franchisees and Dealers regarding selling ARCO fuel. This consulting is done with face to face visits at each of the ARCO and ARCO ampm convenience stores and the expectation is role will be in their markets 80% of their time.
The territory for this role is the San Francisco Bay Area - Peninsula Area and the expectation is the successful candidate live in or around this area.
- Act as a single point of contact for marketing field support; own Franchisees relationship; manage customer demands; coach, influence and negotiate with Franchisees to achieve desired outcome for the business and Franchisee
- Salesmanship/Business Consulting: Provide business consulting on convenience retail solutions to the Franchisee to maximize growth and profitability: understand and coach on business gaps and improvement plans; ensure Franchisees understand and deliver against contractual responsibilities; responsible for all aspects of Franchise food service and safety
- Salesmanship/Business Consulting: Provide Franchisees with upfront support for opening new ampm stores by liaising with service providers, helping establish contacts with vendors, recommended layouts, planograms, prices, establishing book-keeping and supporting the training of employees
- Merchandising: Evaluate and consult on Category Management & General Merchandising practices and execution to provide for a consistent and improved customer experience leading to top and bottom line growth
- Merchandising: Influence Franchisees to maximize profitability through gasoline profit boosters, company promotions, and marketing concepts
- Pricing: Ensure Franchisees develop and execute a competitive pricing strategy that maximizes profitability and market share, certify every decision is viewed through the lens of the customer and the Franchise agreement
- Influencing: Influence and negotiate with Franchisees to achieve positive outcomes by understanding key motivational drives of Franchisees and changing business needs
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum 5 years relevant business experience in marketing, retail, and/or sales.
- Excellent sales, influencing and oral communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills, with proven ability to lead, coach, develop and motivate to deliver outstanding performance.
- Skillful application of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint).
- Sound business planning and financial understanding with the proven track record of interpreting and analyzing financial information from performance reports and financial statements.