French-speaking Finance Graduate
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Summary of role:
- The French-speaking Associate Analyst will work closely with the BPO and business teams (in Canada) responsible for assisting in managing the AR relationships, monitoring and assisting in the enforcement compliance with policy, and serving as an escalation point for unresolved issues surrounding customers..
- Performance of activity to the highest standards. Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Raise bills and process payments by customers.
- Oversee and maintain A/R workflow systems. Act as escalation point for unresolved payments.
- Resolve transactions that are outside the scope of BPO. Research, analyse and communicate resolution
- SOX testing, as required
- Compile, analyse metrics for distribution and reporting to stakeholders.
- Review and report on AR queries and assist with Pearson business related inquiries related to bills in these queues.
- Be the point of contact for Escalations of non-response from BPO
- Handle Tier 2 related escalations
- Review Aged Debtors and bad debt provisions
- Work within the project scope to cleanse customer master file data.
- Accounts Receivable, supporting month end close process
- Prepare reporting on accounts receivable
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis / production of reports as requested to support accurate reporting. Aggregate data required to support internal and external customers
- Assist with Annual Desktop Procedure (DTP) review and write up for any new processes created or transitioned to BPO
- Assist, as needed, to support compliance activities
- Ensure that corporate policies and procedures are consistently applied
Qualifications and experience required:
Fluent French speaker with the ability to produce written work in both English and French.
Experience in relevant financial environment with either a finance degree or accounting technician qualifications. Ability to develop skills in the following areas.
- Finance function and accounting operations, financial management and management accounting
- Management reporting (including variance analysis) and ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders
- Knowledge around Accounts Receivable and overall OTC processes
- Flexibility to meet tight and changing deadlines
- Strong working relationship with the Canadian business population and BPO teams.
- Delivery of all work to agreed Service Level Agreements
- Process improvement over time including simplification and standardization
Primary Location: GB-GB-Belfast
Work Locations: GB-Belfast-Millennium House Millennium House, 1st Floor Great Victoria Street Belfast BT2 7AQ
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Oct 24, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1814302
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.