Functional Skills Tutor
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
Responsible for delivering English, Mathematics and/or ICT Functional Skills qualifications at levels 1 and 2 remotely and at various Pearson TQ or employer sites.
Core Tasks and Responsibilities
- Teaching English, Mathematics and/or ICT Functional Skills qualifications at levels 1 and 2, including conducting initial assessments, diagnostic assessments and administering exams
- Complete Speaking and Listening assessments at levels 1 and 2, including the recording of assessments and completion of Awarding Body paperwork
- Provide remote learning support and motivate learners in their studies
- Complete Tutor Rationale and Programme Plans with each learner to outline the level of Functional Skills to be completed and the course topics to be studied
- Complete Learning Session Records with each learner to document progress made and the learner journey
- Undertake other specified duties including course/resource development, tutorial support and associated administrative tasks
- Have an up-to-date syllabus, scheme of work and lesson plans (showing methods of delivery) for each course
- Prepare and use suitable teaching and learning materials which take into account differentiation and individual learning styles
- Use a range of appropriate delivery methodologies
- Maintain accurate records as required for examinations, all assessed work and report on learner progress when required
- Follow all agreed Quality Assurance Systems and Risk Management systems and comply with all policies and procedures e.g. Health and Safety and ensure that these policies are followed
- Undertake appropriate staff development activities that support personal development, ensuring your own teaching practice conforms with standards
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Relevant teaching qualification e.g. Cert Ed, PGCE or DTLLS
- A minimum level 2 qualification in English, Mathematics and/or ICT
- Experience of delivering Functional Skills (English, Mathematics and/or ICT) up to level 2
- Experience of providing remote support to learners using a range of delivery methods, including the use of technology e.g. Zoom
- Ability to embrace and develop practical and innovative delivery models for Functional Skills
- Ability to adopt contextualised Functional Skills delivery techniques to engage learners
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Flexible, adaptable and enthusiastic
- Works well independently and in a team
Primary Location: GB-GB-Aldershot
Other Locations GB-GB-Abingdon
Work Locations: GB-Aldershot-St Omer Barracks St. Omer Barracks, Thornhill Road 1st Floor, Wellington House Aldershot GU11 2BG
Job: Learning Delivery
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Sep 29, 2020
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2007995
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.