The post holder will be required to lead the strategic management, development and delivery of National Crime Agency (NCA) operational capability.
They will maintain oversight of investigation and intelligence standards, ensuring the end point assessments of both meet the evidential, tactical and strategic standards required to deliver quality products, focused on serious and organised crime affecting the UK.
The post holder will also be expected to manage relationships both internally and externally with other statutory partners ensuring the maintenance and delivery of operational standards.
They will also lead in identifying lessons learnt following operational debriefs / reviews in order to identify and promulgate best practice in order to ensure lessons are learnt and all potential opportunities for future improvement across all operational activity within the NCA is maximised.
• Minimum PIP 2 Level 2 Manager (Investigators) or equivalent, which can include Initial management of serious Crime Course (IMSC). Or IPP Intelligence Manager or equivalent.
• NVQ level 3 (or equivalent including A1 / D32 & D33) or above Assessor qualification or enrolled and working towards
• NVQ 4 (or equivalent including V1 / D34) Internal Verification qualification
• Trained in undertaking reviews
As a leader in the NCA you will also:
• Lead your team or work stream effectively, through being flexible and open in thought and action.
• Communicate with transparency, involving your team members in the agency’s transformation journey.
• Role model the agency’s values and mission.
• Be passionate about diversity and developing people inclusively, strengthening their ability to deliver and enabling them to grow in their roles and careers. You will actively coach and engage people, building their resilience through supporting them in their roles and enabling their wellbeing.
• Be threat led and data-driven in decision making, navigating your team members through ambiguity by making evidence and/or values-based decisions to prioritise strategically. You are proactive and ambitious on efficiencies, finding opportunities to remove duplication and standardising and simplifying where possible. Doing so, you will balance financial and people resources to deliver against changing priorities.
• You will be dealing with Child Sexual Exploitation And Abuse (CSAE) material including potential exposure to indecent or unsettling images
***All NCA officers must hold SC Enhanced upon entry as a minimum. To meet the National Security Vetting requirements for this role you will need to have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 out of the past 5 years. For more information please see the Candidate information Pack***