Please note the available locations listed below:
Birmingham (Criminal & Civil posts)
Central London (Criminal & Civil posts)
Bristol (Civil posts)
Bridgend (Criminal posts only)
Kingston upon Thames (Tolworth)(Criminal posts only)
Normanton (Calder) (Criminal posts only)
Nottingham (Criminal posts only)
Warrington (Criminal post only)
• To apply the full powers of financial investigation against criminals and enterprises involved in serious and organised crime.
• Act as a lead officer for Agency tasked activity.
• Supervise and/or mentor staff as required.
• Ensure investigations are carried out thoroughly, professionally and expeditiously in accordance with Agency policy and legislative requirements.
• Monitor operational performance.
• Deliver timely and accurate performance and management information in accordance with corporate requirements.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to foster collaborative working.
We are looking to recruit financial investigators from a range of backgrounds. The NCA utilises financial investigators for both civil and criminal casework. We are seeking a broad range of applicants to help us fill roles in both areas. Therefore we encourage applications from: Candidates with accredited financial
investigator status. Candidates with lapsed accreditation as financial investigators (3 years or less) who are prepared to do the necessary work to reinstate that accreditation.
You will also have the below qualifications or skills:
Essential Qualifications (for either Criminal or Civil Financial Investigators)
• Accredited Financial Investigator, or lapsed accreditation within the last 3 years.
Please note that all applicants will be checked against national Financial Investigator databases.
• PIP2 investigator accreditation or equivalent experience.
A small number of financial posts may require DV Enhanced to be obtained within 12 months of entry. If DV Enhanced cannot be obtained the officer will be required to move to a non-DV role.
***All NCA officers must hold SC Enhanced upon entry as a minimum. To meet the National Security Vetting requirements for this role you will need to have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 out of the past 5 years. For more information please see the Candidate information Pack***
Accredited financial investigator, or lapsed accreditation within the last 3 years.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
Significant experience of criminal or civil investigations.
Experience using criminal or civil law and UK legislation affecting agency activity - with emphasis on Proceeds of Crime Act (POCA) in relation to money laundering offences, civil recovery, and/or cash seizures.
Experience in effective operational decision making with accountability for decisions made.
Experience of conducting criminal, civil or regulatory investigations on complex economic or financial cases.
If you are an active police pension member immediately prior to joining the NCA, you can continue you membership throughout your employment with us as if you were a serving police officer. If you do remain an active member and subsequently return to a police force, you should be able to continue your membership there too.
All officers in the NCA are members of the UK Civil Service. You will be eligible for:
• Civil Service pension scheme
• 26 days annual leave rising to 31 on completion of 5 years continuous service
• Training and development opportunities
• Cycle2work scheme
We take the welfare of NCA officers very seriously. All staff have access to Occupational Health services and there are a number of staff representative groups. We also have a range of sporting and other activities on offer.
We can provide flexible working arrangements if the role in question is suitable. These include flexi-time, job sharing and compressed hours (working contracted hours over a shorter period).
For full information about the job role, requirements and how to apply please refer to the attached candidate information pack attached in the Civil Service Website vacancy advert