The unit’s primary focus is to guide, coach and carry out the independent assessment of trainee investigation and intelligence officers. This provides assurance that those who complete our highly regarded training programme are occupationally competent and capable of leading the fight against serious organised crime.
• Support the NCA recruitment process, assessing the aptitude / capability of applicants for the intelligence accredited pathways to ensure recruitment of the right people.
• Manage and develop new trainees on the Initial Operational Training Programme (IOTP), professionally assessing trainees knowledge and application of skills to point of their completion of the Intelligence Professionalisation Programme (IPP).
• Drive up operational standards across the NCA commands by reviewing intelligence processes, recommending and implementing improvement changes that achieve compliance to policy, standards and legislation as well as building capability across the NCA.
• Working with key stakeholders (College of Policing, Police Forces, Crown Prosecution Service, NCA Commands, NCA Legal) to ensure new legislation, standard operational procedures and best practice is introduced to NCA operational commands.
You will also have the below qualifications or skills:
• IPP Intelligence Accreditation, or an equivalent Government issued qualification/accreditation.
• Full UK Driving Licence
• IPP Supervisor accreditation
• NVQ Assessor Qualification
• Trained in undertaking reviews
Individuals may be exposed to Child Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (CSEA)material.
Full UK Driving Licence
IPP Intelligence Accreditation
Or an equivalent Government issued qualification/accreditation.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Making Effective Decisions
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
Proven experience of developing others.
Proven extensive knowledge of UK legislation affecting the role of an investigator/intelligence officer.
Experience in Serious and Organised Crime investigations.
Proven experience in managing risk in an Investigation or Intelligence environment.
If you are an active police pension member immediately prior to joining the NCA, you can continue you membership throughout your employment with us as if you were a serving police officer. If you do remain an active member and subsequently return to a police force, you should be able to continue your membership there too.
All officers in the NCA are members of the UK Civil Service. You will be eligible for:
• Civil Service pension scheme
• 26 days annual leave rising to 31 on completion of 5 years continuous service
• Training and development opportunities
• Cycle2work scheme
We take the welfare of NCA officers very seriously. All staff have access to Occupational Health services and there are a number of staff representative groups. We also have a range of sporting and other activities on offer.
We can provide flexible working arrangements if the role in question is suitable. These include flexi-time, job sharing and compressed hours (working contracted hours over a shorter period).
For full information about the job role, requirements and how to apply please refer to the attached candidate information pack attached in the Civil Service Website vacancy advert