Your work will make a real difference in the fight against serious and organised crime. The ideal candidate for this role will have excellent communication skills and ensure that our projects keep moving and our capabilities are enhanced. You don’t need to be technical or a specialist, as you will learn on the job, but you do need to be organised.
As multiple projects are managed, candidates should enjoy working at pace, assisting project managers and junior officers through the processes required. As many of our projects have a financial aspect you will be assisting in raising orders and signing off on deliveries
Formal project accreditation is preferred, but it is not a requirement as full training will be provided and a PMO qualification can be gained during the course of this role assisting you to develop into more senior roles.
Successful candidates will be posted across two NCA Units: The National Cyber Crime Unit and Corporate Business Services: Finance. Posting will be dependent upon candidate location requirements.
The National Cyber Crime Unit (NCCU) leads the UK’s fight against cybercrime and uses specialist capabilities and expertise to support law enforcement partners across the UK and coordinate the entire UK response to cybercrime. NCCU location: London
Corporate Business Services: Finance works to plan and prioritise NCA resource and capital expenditure, supports our investment and capability strategy, provides analysis on value for money and evaluation of options for any investment opportunity, and ensures compliance with our statutory, regulatory and corporate governance duties. Finance Locations: London and Belfast.
You will manage aspects of the monthly financial / management accounting processes as part of a team providing high quality financial support and advice to a business area.
You will assist the business area to operate within the Agency's financial policies and to make sound decisions based on good financial information, sound analysis and an understanding of financial consequences.
This is a key role to support the overall provision of a Financial service to the National Crime Agency (NCA) with a direct impact on protecting the public from serious and organised crime.
NCA welcomes applications from individuals with a range of neurodivergent thinking styles and from those who may require reasonable adjustments.
• Prepare and deliver timely and accurate financial statements to senior managers, in line with business requirements and both statutory and regulatory duties, to agreed deadlines, including supporting documentation to audit standard.
• Provide regular written analysis that summarises and analyses financial activity, including the identification and explanation for variances.
• Manage and coordinate the completion of balance sheet reconciliations, to agreed timetables, ensuring that they accurately reflect activity.
• Provide support to the business to include policy development, planning, performance, service delivery and governance.
• Research, draft, develop, collate, co-ordinate and disseminate management information, policies, reports, briefings and business plans (as required).
• Provide oral briefings, to non-financial staff, including senior management on specific aspects of financial and management accounting
• Ensure the quality, secure handling and dissemination of data/information, maintaining confidentiality, sensitivity and a duty of care in line with NCA policy.
• Where appropriate, working with Project Leads to raise, authorise and track orders using the organisation’s bespoke purchasing system
• Build good working relationships with both internal and external partners
***All NCA officers must hold SC Enhanced upon entry as a minimum. To meet the National Security Vetting requirements for this role you will need to have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 out of the past 5 years. For more information please see the Candidate information Pack***