• To contribute to the support and investigation of major and complex crime and vulnerable and intimidated witnesses. This will be achieved through targeted research, open source searches, interrogation and analytical assessment of internal databases, with a focus on informing the policy and decision making of major and complex criminal investigations.
• Develop an extensive knowledge of policies, good practice, National Police Chiefs’ Council (NPCC) guidance, relevant law enforcement and government documentation to deliver consistent, up-to-date information to assist investigators.
• To be the first point of contact for all enquiries into MCIS. Record, categorise and triage requests for support via the case management system, identifying the most appropriate team to best support the enquiry.
• Produce Crystal Reports to highlight key cases of interest to Senior Management and Directors.
• To advise users who have queries relating to the Witness Intermediary Scheme, including how to request a Registered Intermediary
***All NCA officers must hold SC Enhanced upon entry as a minimum. To meet the National Security Vetting requirements for this role you will need to have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 out of the past 5 years. For more information please see the Candidate information Pack***