The Global Brand Director is accountable for the Castrol EDGE brand across all channels - strategy, creative communication and project leadership of the pipeline of OD&I projects. Castrol EDGE is a billion dollar turnover power brand which is the flagship in the Cars market space, and a key driver of growth and profit in the Lubricants business. EDGE has a track record of rapid volume and GM growth in the IWS (Independent Workshops) and retail channels, while holding ground in FWS (Franchise Workshops) - with a vision to be our growth engine in the fast growing synthetics segment of lubricants.
The role has a global remit across all the channels, as well as strategic role across the wider Lubricants business.
- Accountable for the Castrol EDGE brand strategy development and deployment across the focus markets globally - particularly Europe, USA, China, Russia and Australia.
- Responsible for product management of the global EDGE and EDGE Professional portfolio, including product stewardship, product brand architecture, Streamline, ODIMS and PICASSO.
- Develop a 10 year innovation strategy, with bold innovations that help redefine the lubricants category - lead the team of Innovation Managers who run all OD&I projects (Offer Development & Innovation) on EDGE and EDGE Professional and inspire project teams for on-time delivery.
- Develop deep insight into customer, consumer, OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturer) and channel needs and competitor responses, to develop Creative Communication across all relevant media.
- Inspire all deployment teams in focus markets with the growth possibilities of Castrol EDGE and orchestrate the tracking of aligned KPIs on annual plans.
- Lead the Global EDGE Network and actively participate in all global team meetings, market strategy refreshes, Cars& Bikes meetings, to improve performance of Cars& Bikes brands and processes.
- Ensure that OD&I projects are planned well in advance of OEM and industry spec changes, to deliver the most relevant product portfolio to all markets.
- Lead the development and deployment of visible thought leadership for Castrol in the areas of brand management, DIFM ('Do It For Me') customer and mechanic advocacy and innovation.
- Lead the interface with GAM (Global Accounts Management) on OEMs needs and in joint marketing with them
- Accountable for EDGE having the most efficient portfolio of products, and periodic simplification
- Responsible for developing detailed annual marketing plans based on the brand strategy and SPU (Strategic Performance Unit) needs, and leading their deployment and tracking across OUs and focus markets.
- Responsible for the pricing strategy on all EDGE and EDGE Professional ranges.
- Accountable for all products approved for Genuine oils and non-partner OEMs.
- Accountable for the direct ASP (Advertising Sales & Promotion) budget of $6M.
Bachelor Degree required.
- Professional marketer with deep B2B and B2C experience - an understanding of the workshop channel is preferred.
- Project management with multi-functional teams and complex deliverables.
- Global or regional job in a matrix structure.
- Ability to handle uncertainty and overcome obstacles with multiple stakeholders.
- Proven experience in working with technology and in motivating scientists to first-mover innovations.
- Bias for action, strong drive and energy.
- Direct ASP budget of $6m; Influence on the global EDGE ASP budget of $75m; strong influence on the global Cars& Bikes business results .
- Managing the motivation of the multifunctional project teams, with uncertain and fast changing movements from internal functions, budgets, suppliers and competitors.
- Balancing the requirements of the partner OEMs with the need to create a unique brand.
- Nurturing the brand health with a new proposition, in diverse markets, with new media models.
- Influencing stakeholders across functions and markets towards a team mindset, particularly the deployment of the strategy and content in the 5 lead markets.