We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position title: Global Head of Compliance Learning
Business Unit: Financial & Risk
- Identify and prioritize growth opportunities that delight customers and further develop our compliance learning footprint in the market
- Deliver robust and compelling business plans to articulate and defend necessary investments of funding and staff resources
- Engage with customers to be aware of market trends, understand pain points and how our compliance learning products can further enhance the learning experience
- Set strategic direction for compliance learning cross functional teams
- Work with Thomson Reuters sales channels to define go-to-market plans and heighten enthusiasm for the proposition
- Setting and executing the eLearning strategy across all RISK markets.
- Build organisation capability and processes that work together across our portfolio to deliver a smoothly integrated customer experience with best in class eLearning offerings.
- Coordinate with Proposition team to align technology platform capabilities & integrations, commercial policies, service offerings etc
- Build mechanisms that easily facilitate and deliver customer customization requirements that make the course “theirs”.
- Drive efficiency and operational excellence across the RISK eLearning function.
- Oversee the customer experience initiatives ensuring maximum customer retention. Derive metrics and a discipline for using customer feedback to identify organisation requirements and behaviour that fuel profitable growth throughout our business
- Deliver cross RISK customer led eLearning solutions that support our growth trajectory
- Working with Proposition, ensure integration with an enterprise RISK solution (learning measured in same system as other compliance events).
- Proactively work across the business to identify opportunities for eLearning solutions that will give RISK competitive advantage as well as opportunities for double digit growth
- Provide sales support in order to gain maximum leverage from this eLearning channel
- In conjunction with Proposition, set the global strategic direction and provide input into all activities on brand positioning and awareness.
- Through the Proposition Leadership Team, ensure availability of communication tools that support sales efforts (e.g., brochures, advertising).
- Provide input to compensation and revenue models that align strategy and encourage sales of eLearning
- Working with commercial and finance leaders, ensure eLearning revenue model is designed to maximize recurring revenue.
- Develop commercial policies and procedures that are compatible with other RISK products that form part of an integrated solution.
- Ensure compliance across unit of all relevant TR technology standards
- Coordinating with Proposition and Commercial leadership, establish consistent commercial terms for customer contracting and set common approach to value based pricing and ensure it is achieved
- Produce profitability and costing reports
- Support the preparation of bids and tenders
- When necessary attend contract review meetings with key client and other commercial duties as required.
- Actively partner with sector, proposition and functional leads on new revenue opportunities
- Participate in approval process for outside norm discounting
- Develop KPIs to provide management visibility on performance of function.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Extensive compliance experience within the financial services industry.
- Excellent business acumen and proven experience in the managing a successful business.
- Significant cross-functional impact including sector leads, proposition leads, Legal, Finance & Sales.
- Activities support the execution of company strategies.
- Department has key touch points and interfaces with customers.
- Engages Senior Management in strategic direction and priority setting.
- Leverages relationships with key stakeholders to support business needs.
- Decisions impact business unit and functional results.
- Proven track record with extensive experience in commercial role.
- Broad business and managerial knowledge.
- Strong program/project management and leadership skills.
- Extensive experience around eLearning.
- P&L experience.
- “Take-charge”, positive attitude.
- Demonstrated multitasking skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent and confident communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent relationship building skills at senior executive levels.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Compliance eLearning experience within the financial services industry would be highly desirable.
- Experience managing a business at a global scale would be desirable.
- BA//BS MBA would be desirable.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.